Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Glade lavender-scented room freshener smells disgusting to me, but it doesn't make that item "bad"--Glade should not change it, because Glade also offers Floral Bouquet, and Cashmere Woods, and Powder Fresh.
shhh See, as a guy, I'm not even supposed to know that there's a choice between Floral Bouquet and Cashmere Woods.
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: See, as a guy, I'm not even supposed to know that there's a choice between Floral Bouquet and Cashmere Woods.
As a person, you could Google the info just as I did! wink
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: You and I are never going to agree on this one, Bob. Perhaps we can agree that there are always exceptional cases, St. Joseph and Mary for one.
Different strokes for different folks ... and we're supposed to invite only one to an Altar Date.

Within the last year, I caught H___ when I suggested Joseph and Mary might have had a significant age difference.

Funny thing about Love ... it's the same for all ages.
Feb 26th 2014 new
Age does matter.I think up to 7 years eight way is okay. But 20 years/30years nope. I could be wrong here but it seems to older men looking for the younger woman to have children with. This is not really an okay reason. What happens if she cant have kids? So do you throw her away like an old sock. Scary.
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Sure, and if it happens it happens, but isn't it still better in general to be guided by statistical probabilities?
You and I are never going to agree on this one, Bob. Perhaps we can agree that there are always exceptional cases, St. Joseph and Mary for one.
Aaaaw Paul, that's a tough one to even compare to a couple in todays society. Mary and Joseph were definitely ordained by God, no question. Though quite an age difference, Joseph was a man with a different heart. Today (bob don't jump down my throat), men who are in their 60's, 70's and 80's looking for a woman in her 20's or 30's, hmmmm I wonder if he's after looking after the best interest of her children in a Godly manner as Joseph was Mary's armour in many ways, or if it's something else.....I will leave that something else quiet, and not mention it here............

Hard to compare Joseph and Mary,
Sharon
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Celine,

I respectfully disagree with you ... age is important. Most 20- and 30-, even 40-somethings don't have the knowledge about life's events that an older person would have. Yes, I can widen my age search to 10 +/- years my junior, and the same for those older than I am, but dating someone in his 20's!!!! Yikes!!!

Yes, it's hard not to just feel motherly about a man that is a few months older than your own son.
Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: See, as a guy, I'm not even supposed to know that there's a choice between Floral Bouquet and Cashmere Woods.
Just piggybacking on your post Paul.

I would suggest everyone watch Jack Nicholson in Something's Gotta Give :-)). . .

Or maybe the story of Anna Nicole Smith. . .

While the Victorian era suggested the best age difference was 35 for a male and 18 for a female --- because by then the man had established himself and could afford a wife.

In many cultures where polygamy is practiced, most relationships are monogamous and those that are polygamous are often an older male with younger wives -- because he can afford them and has retired from battle life/etc to settle into the status of a tribal elder.

There are couples with vast age differences that work, there is no doubt about that. My own grandmother was 18 when she married my grandfather who was thirty something years older than she was. She had step children older than she was. My dad had a niece five years older than he was. My granddad died when my dad was 18. My grandmother always called him Mr. N__. He was dead long before I came along.

For me, if you are near to my own son's age, I just can't do it. I'd always feel like your mom. . .
Feb 26th 2014 new
If we were all immortal, age wouldn't matter in this life. When I get looks from guys 15 years younger and 15 years older than me two days in a row, I am thankful that the ages are posted. I think it is hard to tell someone's age from a picture. So since I keep getting looks from guys in their 40's, I decided to change my introduction to start with " I am 60." So far it hasn't helped. I would think they must be grossed out to think they viewed a 60.

Feb 26th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: As a person, you could Google the info just as I did!
Don't you know that a good magician never reveals her secrets? :)
Feb 27th 2014 new
It's really hard to tell someone's age from an Icon, too. I just got three "blank looks" in a row. If it wasn't for seeing their age, all I would have would be a first name and a city/state. The phone book gives me more than that.
Posts 21 - 30 of 200