Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said:

how do you view a "frequent poster"? do you think that it makes you look like you are trying too hard to find someone? I don't see it that way but have heard that viewpoint from a few of the men here. I was told to lay off from posting everyday, so I did for a while. was I missed? maybe. When I find I have more time to post I will otherwise I'm off doing something else. I am not even looking for anyone to date although it would be nice to go out with a special man who would treat me right. Since I am tied up with babysitting every weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if I meet a man who has his kids with him enjoying a day's outing out at the park.

if you could see my family room right now, you'd laugh. two kids are sleeping on the couch, one in the easy chair with his feet propped up. My daughter is sitting in a chair by the table, I'm in another easy chair with my laptop and the movie Jumanji is playing on a DVD. the cats have gone to bed!!!!!

If you have the time, post away. I think that was bad advice...

Children, pets all of it sounds like a loving and fun home. You are blessed. biggrin
Mar 4th 2014 new

Heaven knows I post a lot (translation: too much). But frankly, I don't have too many people to talk to in real life.

Most of the CMers who have become my friends were all forum posters. Reading someone's comments gives you a good feel for his prejudices, sensitivities, fears, and enthusiasms. Easy to find out whether there's any common ground -- so much easier than starting a correspondence.

Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Heaven knows I post a lot (translation: too much). But frankly, I don't have too many people to talk to in real life.

Most of the CMers who have become my friends were all forum posters. Reading someone's comments gives you a good feel for his prejudices, sensitivities, fears, and enthusiasms. Easy to find out whether there's any common ground -- so much easier than starting a correspondence.

I agree about identifying the common ground and besides, it is great to connect with some wonderful people.:-)
Mar 4th 2014 new
Why would someone tell you not to post so much??? Is it someone from CM???? If so do they post a lot? Or do they want you to stop posting so they can post a lot and then you are not in competition with them ??? (Just kidding). I can remember several posters to the CM forums who were frequent posters and have since found their significant other and have left CM. I always looked forward to their posts as they were insightful and wise. By their frequent posts you got to know how they thought and looked forward to reading their responses. So post away I say and do not worry about what others think. Do what you feel is right. God bless :)
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: You spelled acckschullie wrong. Perhaps that is the Canadian spelling.
Ackshully, it's the Canadian Club spelling!
Mar 4th 2014 new
Yes; we as Catholics have much to talk about!! :-) It can be difficult finding others who get what we say. This provides the outlet. You are right. The posters of the past are missed but, we have some new ones with new ways of expressing things and new questions to debate. I, for one, love the fora and consider one of the many, many blessings received.
Mar 4th 2014 new
I have to agree with all of the comments so far... Text when you want there are good people here from what I can see even those that disagree. I got a kick out of some of ya on the top, you guys made me laugh out loud..

Gary
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Yes; we as Catholics have much to talk about!! :-) It can be difficult finding others who get what we say. This provides the outlet. You are right. The posters of the past are missed but, we have some new ones with new ways of expressing things and new questions to debate. I, for one, love the fora and consider one of the many, many blessings received.
I wish admin appreciated the forums as much as we do. Brian, the owner, said that only 1% of subscribers participate in the forums. This is a wonderful asset, there is nothing like it on the internet. Yet admin appears to do nothing to encourage participation. Perhaps it is the cost, I don't know?
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: I wish admin appreciated the forums as much as we do. Brian, the owner, said that only 1% of subscribers participate in the forums. This is a wonderful asset, there is nothing like it on the internet. Yet admin appears to do nothing to encourage participation. Perhaps it is the cost, I don't know?

Tom,

what can Brian do to bring in more posters? either you want to "dig in" or you don't. we, the frequent posters know what we get out of it and apparently like it or we wouldn't keep coming back for more.

Happy Posting Everyone!

Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Why in the world would someone tell you to lay off posting for awhile?

I don't think posting frequently makes it look like you are "trying too hard to find someone." I think it just makes you look like a chatty person.
and we all know how chatty I can be!
Posts 11 - 20 of 58