Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: You spelled acckschullie wrong. Perhaps that is the Canadian spelling.
Tom - I spent several minutes puzzling over the work acckschullie that you used and apparently skipped over it when it was originally used. I usually am not so dense but I've had a bad week. Thanks for the laugh.
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Do we really want a lot of people participating in the forums only to get a discount on their membership? I can't imagine that scenario doing anything to improve the forums. Right now we are a self-selecting group of talkers, debaters, thinkers, storytellers, and joke tellers. It works best that way.
Susan, I have to disagree with you. You weren't around 5 plus years ago when these forums were super fun. Brilliant information was constantly being given, arguments were raging between flaming libs and rock-solid conservative Catholics, humor was everywhere.
It was fast, fun, informative and entertaining.
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Susan, I have to disagree with you. You weren't around 5 plus years ago when these forums were super fun. Brilliant information was constantly being given, arguments were raging between flaming libs and rock-solid conservative Catholics, humor was everywhere.
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Susan, I have to disagree with you. You weren't around 5 plus years ago when these forums were super fun. Brilliant information was constantly being given, arguments were raging between flaming libs and rock-solid conservative Catholics, humor was everywhere.
Tom, my point was that if people got a discount incentive to post in the forums, we would end up being overrun by thousands of posts consisting of just a smiley face from people just trying to get the discount. That was all.

Were people rewarded with incentives 5 years ago for posting?
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Karen-856326 said: Tom - I spent several minutes puzzling over the work acckschullie that you used and apparently skipped over it when it was originally used. I usually am not so dense but I've had a bad week. Thanks for the laugh.
You're welcome, Karen. I hope the laugh made your week go a little better!
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Tom, my point was that if people got a discount incentive to post in the forums, we would end up being overrun by thousands of posts consisting of just a smiley face from people just trying to get the discount. That was all.

Were people rewarded with incentives 5 years ago for posting?
No incentives, Susan. I have been trying to figure out why forum participation has dropped off so much over the last few years. I suspect it is a combination of things.
Mar 6th 2014 new
Cindy, some of your posts have no words.
Mar 6th 2014 new
I thought some of the last few posts were discussing incentives, hence my post. Certainly increased participation would be a good thing.
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Cindy, some of your posts have no words.
biggrin oops I was around a few years back, and it was very lively! laughing
Mar 7th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: No incentives, Susan. I have been trying to figure out why forum participation has dropped off so much over the last few years. I suspect it is a combination of things.
Do you think there are more restrictions on what to say today than there was years ago?
Posts 41 - 50 of 58