Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

I joined this site a few weeks ago to potentially meet my future Catholic husband. Ironically, one of the first men I have gotten to know revealed to me a week ago that he is no longer Catholic, as of a month ago. It's complicated because he thinks the Church is too liberal in some areas and too conservative in others. I'm wondering what you CM-ers think. I don't know whether I should cut things off now or be open to a possible future relationship. I've been praying about it a lot and keep getting mixed messages. One day this week, the gospel was about loving and accepting everyone who acts in Christ's name. The next day, the gospel was about getting rid of things in your life that could lead you away from the truth (if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out). Anyway, I would just like to hear your opinions about whether Catholics should date fallen-away Catholics. Thanks :)
Mar 1st 2014 new
I believe your first sentence says it all. I would keep my distance and keep it cordial but still keep your options open for a potential suitor who comes calling. He may need more time (alone) to figure if he truly wants to follow the Catholic faith. You're young so take as much time as you need to find your future husband.
Mar 1st 2014 new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: I believe your first sentence says it all. I would keep my distance and keep it cordial but still keep your options open for a potential suitor who comes calling. He may need more time (alone) to figure if he truly wants to follow the Catholic faith. You're young so take as much time as you need to find your future husband.
I agree with Brett. Stay away from guys who reject Church teaching. Seriously, they are just players.
Mar 1st 2014 new
I second Brett's view as well. Wise and beautifully put.
Mar 1st 2014 new
(quote) John-971967 said: I agree with Brett. Stay away from guys who reject Church teaching. Seriously, they are just players.

Regarding Catholics dating fallen away Catholics: where is it suggested that we look for a lifelong partner in a strip club? Essentially, it really comes down to doing that when we think about it.

Mar 1st 2014 new
How much compromise should you do in a relationship? What if one person is really devout and the other is not as active? There seems to be more active women than active men. Just curious as to your thoughts.
Mar 2nd 2014 new
I think it is possible for people of slightly different beliefs to fall in love and be happy with each other. Where I get concerned is for my future children. Getting married in the Catholic Church, raising my children Catholic, and sending them to Catholic schools are issues that I am unwilling to compromise on.
Mar 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Chelsea-772691 said: I think it is possible for people of slightly different beliefs to fall in love and be happy with each other. Where I get concerned is for my future children. Getting married in the Catholic Church, raising my children Catholic, and sending them to Catholic schools are issues that I am unwilling to compromise on.
I agree that it is possible. But you have to ask yourself is it really probable that such a marriage would last? I have heard that marriage is full of compromise. I know that there are a lot of 7 out of 7 men on here who would love to find someone like you. Just my two cents
Mar 2nd 2014 new
Thank you, Brett :)
Mar 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Chelsea-772691 said: I think it is possible for people of slightly different beliefs to fall in love and be happy with each other. Where I get concerned is for my future children. Getting married in the Catholic Church, raising my children Catholic, and sending them to Catholic schools are issues that I am unwilling to compromise on.
Chelsea, make it a priority to marry a man of faith who will help in getting ready the children for Sunday Mass. The less confusion about one parent attending Mass and not the other will help your future family.

My Dad did not attend church. He was not a lazy person who stayed in bed sleeping. He was up early and dressed with no where to go. I remember clearly he would tune the radio on to Polish polka music. When asked why he didn't attend, he would reply "The church is full of hypocrites", "The priest is a man (sinner) just like me -- what does he know that I don't already know?" on and on. They were all excuses. We'll never know the real reason. Out of all the kids, and we were many, only 2 (my younger brother and I) attend Mass weekly despite all my mothers' effort. Don't sell yourself short; you have plenty of time. Keep searching for Mr. Catholic Right.

PS: I have an affinity for Polish music and belong to a Polish parish. I wonder why? scratchchin
Posts 1 - 10 of 18