Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 3rd 2014 new
Angela's got it! highfive

It's just a quick way to let someone know you're here. Many of the emotes I get are from people outside of my normal search parameter, so if they didn't send it, I would likely never know they're on CM (unless they are a forum contributor, I guess wink ).
Mar 3rd 2014 new
Emotigrams are a means of testing the waters so to speak.
I welcome them.
Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Maryjane-408997 said: Emotigrams are a means of testing the waters so to speak.
I welcome them.
Well said!
Mar 3rd 2014 new
I would rather receive an emotigram than the message so and so viewed your proflie without anything else :)
Mar 3rd 2014 new
I like them, a way to say hello and maybe a way to start corresponding if you read each others profile and see a likeness. always good to be friendly
Mar 3rd 2014 new
I like receiving emotes. They are a nice way to say "hi" to someone, to send a greeting for a holiday or any day. They are a way of letting someone know you liked a post they made in one of the forums.
Mar 3rd 2014 new
It's merely an ice breaker to get people to look at your profile and see...what might happen is all. I think it's a good thing.
Mar 3rd 2014 new

You are funny, Paul.

Mar 3rd 2014 new

You are funny, Paul.

Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: I would rather receive an emotigram than the message so and so viewed your proflie without anything else :)
I agree. Actually, I would rather not know who is viewing me. Seriously. On another Catholic dating website, they don't tell you and I am A-OK with that. Since being on here, I feel rejected even though it's a rather ridiculous feeling. There can be any number of reasons why someone might not find my profile interesting (I can think of four utterly adorable reasons that might scare the heck out of most men), and I've done the same thing. I've looked at a man's profile, saw that he was looking for someone never married, someone within driving distance, etc and I just move one. But for whatever reason when I see someone viewed me without contacting me, I get all insecure. For me, I would rather just be notified when I have an actual message or some sort of real contact.
Posts 11 - 20 of 35