Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: I would rather receive an emotigram than the message so and so viewed your proflie without anything else :)
Hey, maybe they should come up with a new emotigram. It can be "Hey, I just viewed your profile. Sorry we are not a good fit. Best of luck in your search!" What do you think?
Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: It's sort of like saying hello to someone at a party and asking them does the cheeseball taste good, instead of giving them your life story and asking them to marry you all at once.

And yet there are some men who take a reply in kind of an emotigram sent as a declaration of love or at least a sign of interest. Sorry, but no. If I were to walk past the same man on the street of course I'd flash him a smile because that's the type of person I am to everyone. Blank emotigrams or those containing general niceties are pretty useless.
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Hey, maybe they should come up with a new emotigram. It can be "Hey, I just viewed your profile. Sorry we are not a good fit. Best of luck in your search!" What do you think?

in my opinion if i get that kind of emotigram i might get hurt or offended because you just based it by just viewing the profile perse.. in another online dating site that i tried i thought the guy is interested because i get an initial response of a simple hi but then after that he send me a msg that we are not a good fit and goodluck to finding a better match and we hadn't even had an initial talk or chat to get each other know better and got offended by what i received. at first i let it go and don't want to make a response because of what i felt and i might not say nice things to my reply.. so few days after he emailed back and said that his account got compromised and he was not the one who sent the email/comment. I'd rather not get any reply that he's not interested as i will assume that this is the case if i don't get any reply.

like here in cm once we click send or submit we cannot erase/delete what we had sent and we might regret what we had send out in the end.

most of the times i usually use the emotigram first to the person i think i am a match or attracted to based on the profile view or even to friends to cheer them up as some of these emotigrams are cute.

agree with others that emotigrams can be use as an ice breaker to see if you may get a response or not or if there is a possibility that they may get interested at viewing your profile or responding.

sometimes people also use these emotigrams just to seek friendship as well.

Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said:

Communication! That is the point of an emotigram.

It is usually considered an early polite form of communication that is not too intrusive, but indicates an interest in communicating. Hopefully, the emotigrams become longer messages sooner rather than later, but they do serve a purpose as an "icebreaker".

It's sort of like saying hello to someone at a party and asking them does the cheeseball taste good, instead of giving them your life story and asking them to marry you all at once.

Please don't take my emotigram away. I try not to over use them and wish we had a more expanded variety. Don't touch the emotes! weeping
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Cynthia-896140 said: Is it for people who are not sure how much time they want to invest in writing an email without knowing if the person is interested?

Is it for those who haven't paid for the membership?

Does anyone find them annoying besides me?

C.
I find the name emotigram, very very corny and highly annoying haha. I would like them more if they changed the name. Funny that. How about the "the lazy button#cant be bothered button"
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-979164 said: I find the name emotigram, very very corny and highly annoying haha. I would like them more if they changed the name. Funny that. How about the "the lazy button#cant be bothered button"
While your suggested names are no doubt an accurate reflection of how some people use the emotigram feature, I suspect that is a minority of the total usage. Since CM messages lack a subject line typically found in email systems, the emote substitutes by providing an easily visible high-level indication of the sender's intent -- or, sometimes, they relate a completely different message without having to manage a transition in the body of the message.

Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: While your suggested names are no doubt an accurate reflection of how some people use the emotigram feature, I suspect that is a minority of the total usage. Since CM messages lack a subject line typically found in email systems, the emote substitutes by providing an easily visible high-level indication of the sender's intent -- or, sometimes, they relate a completely different message without having to manage a transition in the body of the message.

With me it's just the name "emotigram" that sticks in ones vocal throat. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Not a smooth or sharp enough word. The action of sending an emotion in a picture form is fine, but the word is just a bit kissagram like. If you catch my drift, bad branding I think. Us cool kids don't like it, ha ha
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-979164 said: With me it's just the name "emotigram" that sticks in ones vocal throat. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Not a smooth or sharp enough word. The action of sending an emotion in a picture form is fine, but the word is just a bit kissagram like. If you catch my drift, bad branding I think. Us cool kids don't like it, ha ha
Fair enough. How about emote? Or e-gram?

Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Fair enough. How about emote? Or e-gram?

Getting there Jerry, but not slick enough, I think you should ditch the emot--- beginning. That's the sticking point.
Mar 5th 2014 new
Let's try 'Emoji'. Means 'Japanese for picture letter'. Robin

I vote for an advanced emoji selection please. graduate I'm a regular user. They get tossed in as a garnish with my words. Anyone fluent in the 'emoji language'. Check out Emojipedia for more names and meanings.

Maybe organize all the People Emoji on a page, the Places Emoji on another page, Nature Emoji, Objects Emoji. I'm such a manager at heart.

And why the limit of Emoji?????? grinch grinch grinch grinch grinch grinch grinch
Posts 21 - 30 of 35