Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Pamela-880383 said: The link to Dr. Marshall's official statement, btw, in case others want to know where I saw it. https://www.facebook.com/DrTaylorMarshall/posts/399921126811918

And I was in error - apparently there was a recent change in president that I was unaware of. But Dr. Marshall is the recent president of FMC at least and so does have some room to speak on the matter. The times do fly!
The current President is definitely not a sede vacantist or anti Nous Ordo. From what I have known of him, he is a positive person, passionate about the beauty of the Latin Mass but not at all divisive.
Mar 4th 2014 new
I want to reread everything tonight when I'm not on my phone. This is disturbi ng. Again, Dr. King was never of the mindset discussed here, unless something changed. I look forward to following this thread.
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I want to reread everything tonight when I'm not on my phone. This is disturbi ng. Again, Dr. King was never of the mindset discussed here, unless something changed. I look forward to following this thread.
Meg, what is the nature of your association with Dr. King and/or FMC? There are a number of individuals wit very close ties to the school (current or past faculty/staff and parents) who are stepping forward and confirming serious problems there, so it would help to know how much relative weight to give to your observations.

Mar 4th 2014 new
Jerry, mine are back from 5 years and more, for about a ten year period. We were together in the same Latin Mass Community, several religious organizations, listened to Dr. King talk about his vision and curriculum for a traditional Catholic college education, sat in on one of his college classes where he taught, discussed Traditional Catholicism with he and his wife, were at his home and around his children, etc. They were wonderful friends and fellow-parishioners and a joy to be with. I especially loved their positive, sensible approach to living the Faith. In fact they were the most inspiring in this regard. I never sensed an attitude of separation from the Church or extremes. Their approach was humble, warm and charitable.

There is much buzz in Kansas City from our families here. This situation grieves me. Again, I need to read everything tonight when I have some time.

Thanks, Jerry. +
Mar 4th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Jerry, mine are back from 5 years and more, for about a ten year period. We were together in the same Latin Mass Community, several religious organizations, listened to Dr. King talk about his vision and curriculum for a traditional Catholic college education, sat in on one of his college classes where he taught, discussed Traditional Catholicism with he and his wife, were at his home and around his children, etc. They were wonderful friends and fellow-parishioners and a joy to be with. I especially loved their positive, sensible approach to living the Faith. In fact they were the most inspiring in this regard. I never sensed an attitude of separation from the Church or extremes. Their approach was humble, warm and charitable.

There is much buzz in Kansas City from our families here. This situation grieves me. Again, I need to read everything tonight when I have some time.

Thanks, Jerry. +
Thanks, Meg. I agree, this is a very unfortunate situation for all involved, especially the students and their families. It will be interesting to see what Dr. Marshall has to say when he posts his detailed comments.

Mar 5th 2014 new
Here is a link to a second post by Dr. Taylor Marshall, the former Chancellor at Fisher More College. This is an update to the one Pamela provided and contains details about the situation at the school that led to Bishop Olson's actions.

tinyurl.com

For the record, I resigned as Chancellor of the College at the beginning of June of 2013only days after our seventh baby was born. I had no job prospects and no income. I did it for the sake of conscience. I felt it would be a danger to my soul to remain at Fisher More College.

I resigned when moral, theological, and financial discrepancies came to light regarding the presidency of Michael King. I was an ex officio member of the Board so I knew what others did not. From May to early June of 2013, five of the eight College Board Members also resigned for two reasons:

(Read the rest there...)

Mar 5th 2014 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: As actual information, I add in the statement of the President of Fisher Moore College, given in the article below.

Please read carefully.

http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/323-it-is-what-it-is-fort-worth-diocese-clarifies-bishop-olson-s-ban-on-traditional-latin-mass-at-fisher-more-college

In addition to the Remnant article that you posted, I read through all 22 comments (so far) following the article. I was struck by the generally quite disrespectful manner that nearly all spoke of the Bishop and his actions.

I pulled these snippets of quotes (see below) from only 22 comments. After reading through all of the comments, they have convinced me, at this point, that Bishop Olson did the right thing. If the college is producing and teaching students and alumni in such a way as the students alumni feel it is in any way appropriate to make such mean-spirited, uncharitable, nasty comments toward their bishop, then something must be quite messed up in the leadership of that college. The students and alumni of the college have so far convinced me that the bishop was correct in his action. It appears to me that somehow the leadership of the college has gone-off-the-rails if they are producing students who treat their bishop in such a disrespectful manner.

Here is a sampling of the comments in order of occurrence:
1) "....the Bishop's actions in this matter are abominable and uncalled for."
2) "The bishop is a Modernist who prefers to pursue a heretical form the Catholic Faith..."

3) "....the bishop made a reactionary and unlawful response."

4) "This predator bishop in Fort Worth has acted according to a long line of precedent since the Judas Council, and now having Pope Francis at the vanguard of the Judas Council Revolution, he's full of confidence."

5) "This is because, cloaked with a sheen of sanctity, they [conservatives] be counted on to roll over in slavish obedience to every atrocity committed by predator bishops and priests formed by the Judas Council Revolution.

6) "....there will be no more small donations from from me- thank s to the joker olson [the bishop]."

7) "
"It is what it is." The mindless slogan of an idiocracy." " (referring to a comment by the bishops office)

8) "...
The heretics know that they serve a failed system which has only been present on a wide scale since Vatican II."

9) "....This prohibition is totally invalid."

10) "This is a disgrace. Bishop Olson should be ashamed of himself for his mean-spirited and childish attitude. He needs to apologize, repent...."

11) "He [the bishop] needs to know that we won't stand for the Holy Mass to be taken away from students "for the sake of their souls" which is absurd and down right the work of demonic forces."

12) "The bishop committed a mortal sin by banning the Holy Sacrifice of the true Mass...."

13) "... Confusion chaos still reigns in Holy mother Church,when will these prideful bishops learn?"

Very disgraceful comments IMHO.

Ed

Mar 5th 2014 new
I failed to mention that some comment were provided by supporters of Fisher Moore College, not just students and alumni.

Sorry for the error.

Ed
Mar 5th 2014 new
This is indeed very, very sad.
Mar 5th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Here is a link to a second post by Dr. Taylor Marshall, the former Chancellor at Fisher More College. This is an update to the one Pamela provided and contains details about the situation at the school that led to Bishop Olson's actions.

http://tinyurl.com/mc85zj8

For the record, I resigned as Chancellor of the College at the beginning of June of 2013only days after our seventh baby was born. I had no job prospects and no income. I did it for the sake of conscience. I felt it would be a danger to my soul to remain at Fisher More College.

I resigned when moral, theological, and financial discrepancies came to light regarding the presidency of Michael King. I was an ex officio member of the Board so I knew what others did not. From May to early June of 2013, five of the eight College Board Members also resigned for two reasons:

(Read the rest there...)

Obviously, there is a lot more here than meets the eye.

The comments posted in reply to the cited article are instructive on many levels.

Hopefully, when all the facts are in, we will have access to them, whichever side is proven to be the correct one. And whomever in this forum is proven to be wrong will be gracious enough to apologize.

Posts 21 - 30 of 163