Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 5th 2014 new
Yes because I know, for all of us here, it's not about being right...just about finding out what is right and good.
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Jerry, mine are back from 5 years and more, for about a ten year period. We were together in the same Latin Mass Community, several religious organizations, listened to Dr. King talk about his vision and curriculum for a traditional Catholic college education, sat in on one of his college classes where he taught, discussed Traditional Catholicism with he and his wife, were at his home and around his children, etc. They were wonderful friends and fellow-parishioners and a joy to be with. I especially loved their positive, sensible approach to living the Faith. In fact they were the most inspiring in this regard. I never sensed an attitude of separation from the Church or extremes. Their approach was humble, warm and charitable.

There is much buzz in Kansas City from our families here. This situation grieves me. Again, I need to read everything tonight when I have some time.

Thanks, Jerry. +

Hi Meg,

Well after reading all the stuff posted on the internet, it seems that a lot has changed with Mr King. His dealings of the last few years do not seem to line up with how you seem to know him. I too agree that the best thing to do is be calm and gather facts at this point. No need to rush to conclusions.

Mr King's fundraising and financial dealings on behalf of the school really raise some eyebrows. Hope someone is gathering all the papers and getting a good look at them. It seems that the school is being swindled by a small circle.

Another thing that is also most troubling are the crazy postings rightly noted by ED in an earlier post.

Mar 6th 2014 new
Yes, John, it does appear that way.
Mar 6th 2014 new
I am curious. So on Christmas for example, there is the Midnight Mass, the Mass of the Shepherds, and then the Mass in the morning. Clearly 3 masses in the 1962 Missal. Yet one is allowed? How is this possible when according to Benedict the XV! the mass was never disallowed, yet we can only say one (we the church) on a holyday...clearly I am confused.

So nice to see the NO people defending the TLM. Anyone see the results of the recent Vatican poll?

For 49 years I have watched many of the people I love leave the church. I am starting to seriously understand how it happened. The one question I ask in all sincerity with absolutely no guile is, "when The Son of man returns, will he find, think YE, Faith on earth? "
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Al-1036257 said: I am curious. So on Christmas for example, there is the Midnight Mass, the Mass of the Shepherds, and then the Mass in the morning. Clearly 3 masses in the 1962 Missal. Yet one is allowed? How is this possible when according to Benedict the XV! the mass was never disallowed, yet we can only say one (we the church) on a holyday...clearly I am confused.

So nice to see the NO people defending the TLM. Anyone see the results of the recent Vatican poll?

For 49 years I have watched many of the people I love leave the church. I am starting to seriously understand how it happened. The one question I ask in all sincerity with absolutely no guile is, "when The Son of man returns, will he find, think YE, Faith on earth? "
Of course He will find faith on earth -- whether it will be the faith of a billion or a million or of twelve is secondary. Since you raise the point: what do you think has led the people you love to abandon the Church?
Mar 6th 2014 new
I can tell you what I think has led to it, but in my heart I really don't know that answer. Some would classify it as sin, which for sure plays a part. Some would say weakness let some of them stay, when in their hearts they really wanted to leave and do their own thing. I know for myself, I was a bit of both these things, and I also was tired of hearing about a Father in heaven that loved me that I never really knew. Words are cheap. I assure you my eyes were opened on that last point and it is the Grace of God that I came back to the church. His Grace. His Son, and His Mercy. My only explanation is what I heard attributed by one of the Saints to Our Lord. Some He saves before they fall. Some He saves after and helps them get up. I want everyone to be healed of this thing that makes us hurt. Some of us never get to the point where we accept that gift. It's free, but salvation is not cheap.
Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: The story below:

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/03/Rorate-Exclusive.html

This ban was put in place by the newly appointed bishop of Ft. Worth against the saying of the TLM at Fisher Moore by their chaplains. Two of the chaplains were FSSP, and the third was a priest of the Fathers of Mercy, so let that put any ideas of SSPX involvement to rest.

According to the Canon Law Center, the bishop has "unlawfully restricted the rights of the faithful" by this act, which was given with no explanation whatsoever.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_GM2SKDGfe4/UxJZLqumTGI/AAAAAAAAA6c/RAOfP-H2WG8/s1600/img012.jpg

Allow me to also present the bishop's letter:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-I3Y7c__yHqM/UxH566h7oaI/AAAAAAAAA6M/bXUWcMh0pNc/s1600/img011.jpg

I am posting the URL for the blog below ONLY because it addresses this situation and provides a number of links for additional information. It came to my attention via another media source. But, from people that I know love the TLM and have almost exclusively attended the TLM -- although they are themselves finding some things akin to Onlyism -- which this blog addresses, that concerns them as well.

I have no intention of battling about this subject - because quite frankly I don't get it -- the separation that is. I love the Mass period. And, I am grateful, that even despite the shortage of priests I have access to Mass in many places and at many times and in many languages -- including the TLM. (I know the TLM is more than just a Mass said in Latin).

I thought perhaps this might provide another perspective on the situation and on the larger issues we seem to be encountering. the blog is well written and provides acceptable links. I hope it gives all of us some fodder for pondering and reflection.

scottericalt.com

Mar 6th 2014 new
(quote) Al-1036257 said: I am curious. So on Christmas for example, there is the Midnight Mass, the Mass of the Shepherds, and then the Mass in the morning. Clearly 3 masses in the 1962 Missal. Yet one is allowed? How is this possible when according to Benedict the XV! the mass was never disallowed, yet we can only say one (we the church) on a holyday...clearly I am confused.

Al, stop hiding behind the shadows and show a little faith yourself. Sorry to be tough on you, but think about what you are seriously doubting. Have you no faith in the word of God? All you need to do is recall His words that the Holy Spirit will always guide the Church until He comes to judge. The answer to your question is in His promise as plain as day. Stop worrying about what others do and raise your level of faith in Him. Your faith is what should matter to you the most. Don't let fools distract you.
Mar 6th 2014 new
www.telegraph.co.uk.

It is stories like this that really make me wonder. As a church, what do we believe? How are Catholics different if they don't believe in the Real Presence? If they don't think their faith matters? What does it matter? They ASKED them.
Mar 7th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: I am posting the URL for the blog below ONLY because it addresses this situation and provides a number of links for additional information. It came to my attention via another media source. But, from people that I know love the TLM and have almost exclusively attended the TLM -- although they are themselves finding some things akin to Onlyism -- which this blog addresses, that concerns them as well.

I have no intention of battling about this subject - because quite frankly I don't get it -- the separation that is. I love the Mass period. And, I am grateful, that even despite the shortage of priests I have access to Mass in many places and at many times and in many languages -- including the TLM. (I know the TLM is more than just a Mass said in Latin).

I thought perhaps this might provide another perspective on the situation and on the larger issues we seem to be encountering. the blog is well written and provides acceptable links. I hope it gives all of us some fodder for pondering and reflection.

http://scottericalt.com/why-latin-mass-onlyists-are-destroying-the-latin-mass/

Lauren,

Thank you for this excellent article.
Posts 31 - 40 of 163