Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Cindy-534370 said: Joseph, You know SSPX is not in union with the Catholic Church, with Rome at the Vatican.
It is unfair to say the laity that attend the SSPX are more faithful and more in union with Rome than the vast majority of Catholics. How do you account for this? Do you have somedocumented proof of this?

What Joseph is trying to do is use a modernist's tactic of comparing some on the right extreme to some on the left extreme (making the issue relative), and saying that the dissenting Catholics on the right are more Catholic then the dissenting Catholics on left, when in fact either or both wrongs don't make a right at all. By that, I mean, Catholics who do not practice the one, true, catholic and apostolic faith separate themselves by their own actions.

Joseph was trying to deflect the point I made onto a different blur.

Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Good points Joseph.
What Joseph has left out is that in 2009 Pope Benedict wrote to the bishops of the Catholic Church (emphasis mine):

The fact that the Society of Saint Pius X does not possess a canonical status in the Church is not, in the end, based on disciplinary but on doctrinal reasons. As long as the Society does not have a canonical status in the Church, its ministers do not exercise legitimate ministries in the Church. There needs to be a distinction, then, between the disciplinary level, which deals with individuals as such, and the doctrinal level, at which ministry and institution are involved. In order to make this clear once again: until the doctrinal questions are clarified, the Society has no canonical status in the Church, and its ministers even though they have been freed of the ecclesiastical penalty do not legitimately exercise any ministry in the Churchtinyurl.com
To the best of my knowledge, this position has not been rescinded or modified since.

Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: It appears that the proponents just don't understand the restriction in Summorum that any priest may celebrate the Extraordinary From without his bishop's permission only in a private Mass where the celebrant may allow a very few laity who specifically ask to be allowed to attend.

Summorum also allows for a more liberal use by a Pastor without the Bishops permission.

But these people were going far beyond that. As Summorum also states, the local Bishop is the sole and final authority of how Mass is publicly celebrated in his See.

Based solely on the limited information provided in what is clearly a biased article, as it would naturally be, the Local Bishop was totally within his ecclesiastical right to ban any further efforts by this group to promote the Extraordinary Form.

Self-styled "traditionalists" do there efforts no good when they pull off stuff like this.
I agree with Paul: I see nothing in Summorum Pontificum the prohibits bishops from preventing the celebration of the Extraordinary Form of the liturgy. Doing so without just cause may not be in accord with Pope Benedict's request or his vision, but I don't see where it is prohibited. Anyone who wishes to argue otherwise is asked to cite specific provisions in the motu proprio, or other official documents, to support their position.

Mar 17th 2014 new

The Messed Up Mass

www.youtube.com
Mar 17th 2014 new
tinyurl.comThis Mass is for you Jerry.It is approved by Bishops.
Mar 17th 2014 new
If your intent was to use the link you posted of a specific mass to undermine the Novus Ordo as a whole, then I believe you need to get out more.

I am a Catholic.
Lets say that for the sake of argument, I am also an idiot.
By your logic ALL Catholics are thus idiots.

Even if you go out and find even more Catholic idiots (I come from a family of 13 - lets assume we all are) that still does not make all Catholics idiots - just my family.

Now being an idiot, though I right to prefer a specific type of mass, it does not make the other wrong.

So it might be nice if your comments about a particular service held on a particular day in a particular place by a particular priest are presented as such - as opposed to treating them ALL that way.
Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: If your intent was to use the link you posted of a specific mass to undermine the Novus Ordo as a whole, then I believe you need to get out more.

I am a Catholic.
Lets say that for the sake of argument, I am also an idiot.
By your logic ALL Catholics are thus idiots.

Even if you go out and find even more Catholic idiots (I come from a family of 13 - lets assume we all are) that still does not make all Catholics idiots - just my family.

Now being an idiot, though I right to prefer a specific type of mass, it does not make the other wrong.

So it might be nice if your comments about a particular service held on a particular day in a particular place by a particular priest are presented as such - as opposed to treating them ALL that way.
If you mean get out more and go to a Novus Ordo Mass...No thanks.My point was it is approved by the local Bishop.So much for the Shepard guarding the Flock. Bishops are leading the flock astray.The rest of you narrative is your own,not mine.
Mar 17th 2014 new
Though you may be right that the mass in question was approved by the local bishop, the mass took place yesterday the 16th, today is the 17th. It is VERY unlikely in my opinion that you have found documentation anywhere in the last 24 hours that shows the local bishop approved the mass. So your point is actually speculation for the moment.
Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Though you may be right that the mass in question was approved by the local bishop, the mass took place yesterday the 16th, today is the 17th. It is VERY unlikely in my opinion that you have found documentation anywhere in the last 24 hours that shows the local bishop approved the mass. So your point is actually speculation for the moment.
Unless the Bishop forgot he led the Mass yesterday.
Mar 17th 2014 new
Thus my reference to me being an idiot.
Posts 11 - 20 of 47