Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Mar 29th 2014 new
Adding another example: baseball baseball baseball

Watching my son's first baseball scrimmage of the year- it was 36 degrees last night. In the inning when the game was called, snow flurries began to fall. cloud cloud cloud Hot tea and wrapping up in a sleeping bag helped. (No I didn't fortify it, but I sure thought it over.) Here's the craziest part: the boys LOVED it! They laughed and joked and had a great time. The teams tied. My boy pitched lights out, got a couple RBIs and thanked me for coming. heart
Mar 29th 2014 new
Your son sure shares a lot of the same interests as mine!

Heres something I never would have thought of doing...getting him and his friend breakfast burritos from Taco Bell before his APUSH review this morning. I can't think of a worst breakfast, but hey, he picked up the basement as a bargaining tool, so how could I refuse?
Mar 29th 2014 new
I love your daughter's description -"Barbie spa day"! I do not have children but I always find it interesting at the various parental skills needed to open gifts at large events such as Christmas, birthday parties, etc... Parents have degrees in toy operating! First you must free the object from the box--no small feat since everything is shoplifting proofed in the packaging, then you must read pages of assembly instructions and be proficient with tools to assemble the item,and finally you need to search for the correct batteries/power source ---all while the child is begging for the toy to work ASAP. Hats off to all the parents!
Apr 8th 2014 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: What crazy stuff do you do for your kids that you NEVER, not in a million years, thought you would wind up doing?

Wow, I must be really rotten mother. I can't think of a thing. wide eyed
Apr 9th 2014 new
HI Sam,

I have 2 things:

1. When my youngest son was 3 he was sitting on the porch looking very sad. So I sat down with him and asked what was wrong. He said "Well, I was thinking, mom's the oldest so she's gonna die first, then you'll die, then Maria and then Matt and I'll be all alone. So I'm sad." I never, in my wildest dreams, thought I would be discussing mortality with a 3 year old.

2. When the same son was in middle school, he was in the Indianapolis Children's Choir and was fortunate enough to get to tour with the choir. My wife and were chaperones. So not only have I been to a show at the Sydney Opera House, I've been to the artists spaces below and back stage; I've been in the crypts below Notre Dame Cathedral and the cathedral in Chartres France; I was also blessed to have lunch with the Sisters at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Montmartre in Paris.

Having kids is the most amazing adventure there is!
Apr 9th 2014 new
(quote) Sam-427739 said: and other stuff you NEVER thought you'd be doing.

What crazy stuff do you do for your kids that you NEVER, not in a million years, thought you would wind up doing?

I remember when my 23 yr old son conned me into climbing up a bolted-down extension ladder to get up to the top of a roof of an enormous building that was being converted into a housing project. It was as if the ladder was suspended in mid air. Going up was spine-chilling, but going down (as I was praying) was terrifying. Being that I have a fear of heights to begin with, this was a colossal feat for me. His whole point was so that I could get to see the whole town from up there, he was right, and the view was breathtaking! After that, I think I can tackle almost anything. shhh Praying
Apr 9th 2014 new
Learning to SUP- stand up paddle board and having your teenagers laugh their heads off as I kept fall in the water every time I got on the board!
Apr 9th 2014 new
Here's a funny one...

My son was about three and the kids were climbing in the McD's tumble tubes. He was sitting inside a part pretending to fly his helicopter. There was a window and he could see me, but was pretending not to because he didn't want to leave. I sent his sister up there to get him and he still wouldn't come down. So I climbed up and through the chutes and directly behind him said, " Michael. It's time to go." He sure wasn't expecting that and the look on his face was priceless.

Apr 10th 2014 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Learning to SUP- stand up paddle board and having your teenagers laugh their heads off as I kept fall in the water every time I got on the board!
wave wave wave ME! ME! ME!

I'm sure I'll look like an idiot, but I'd love it!
Apr 10th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Here's a funny one...

My son was about three and the kids were climbing in the McD's tumble tubes. He was sitting inside a part pretending to fly his helicopter. There was a window and he could see me, but was pretending not to because he didn't want to leave. I sent his sister up there to get him and he still wouldn't come down. So I climbed up and through the chutes and directly behind him said, " Michael. It's time to go." He sure wasn't expecting that and the look on his face was priceless.

Thumbs up for you! I am short enough that I used to go in the tubes with my kids, just for the fun of it.
Posts 21 - 30 of 36