Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Apr 1st 2014 new
(quote) Mary-486033 said: Greg,

The article you posted, which we have been exclusively discussing from the onset, was written by Catholics, not the secular media. It's disheartening when secular journalists distort the Pope's words and actions, but truly disturbing when it's done by Catholics to spin their own agenda.
Chelsea had a legitimate point about the media. They have tried to control the image of the popes to fit what their agenda is: no objective truth. You cannot deny that there is an agenda to undermine the Catholic church as being the one true church. The point I agree with is about kissing the Quran as I don't think it should happen again. Muslims are devoted enemies of Christians today just as they have been for centuries. Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus.
Apr 1st 2014 new
The attacks on traditionalists are soooo uninspired...it's always the same stuff: "they're like the pharisees". Blah blah blah.
Apr 1st 2014 new
MY priest on Sunday said "while he did many things worthy of sainthood, that doesn't change how there were problems under his pontificate". This is a young priest at a mainstream church that I go to.
Apr 1st 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Chelsea had a legitimate point about the media. They have tried to control the image of the popes to fit what their agenda is: no objective truth. You cannot deny that there is an agenda to undermine the Catholic church as being the one true church. 
Greg - Please stay on point. Nobody here is denying the mainstream secular media distorts (we all agree!) - but that is not the subject of the article you posted nor what Chelsea and I were referencing in the following exchange...

Chelsea said: ...but his pontificate was not really one that was demonstrative of heroic Christian virtue, either. He was merely popular and well-liked by the secular media.

I responded: I couldn't disagree more. I consider myself very blessed to have experienced many years of the pontificate of Blessed Pope John Paul ll, and what I've witnessed clearly demonstrated that the world was intensely drawn to him because of his holiness. This has absolutely nothing to do with a so-called notion of secular "popularity".

Apr 1st 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: MY priest on Sunday said "while he did many things worthy of sainthood, that doesn't change how there were problems under his pontificate". This is a young priest at a mainstream church that I go to.
In the entire History of the Church there has never been a single Pope under whom, "... there were (no) problems under his pontificate".

By the way, you keep bringing up that JPII kissed the Koran, yet have offered absolutely no proof that it ever took place, or even if it did that it constituted no more than an acknowledgement of the sincerity of the other person's beliefs.
Apr 1st 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: MY priest on Sunday said "while he did many things worthy of sainthood, that doesn't change how there were problems under his pontificate". This is a young priest at a mainstream church that I go to.
Greg,

Your words >>>> "....that doesn't change how there were problems under his pontificate".

My comment >>>> Pray that you are not held to this same standard for your own life.

Perhaps St. Peter's comments to someone holding such a view, meeting that person for the first time at the Pearly Gates >>>> "Well... You did many worthy things, but that doesn't change how there were problems during your life."
scratchchin

Ed
Apr 1st 2014 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Greg,

Your words >>>> "....that doesn't change how there were problems under his pontificate".

My comment >>>> Pray that you are not held to this same standard for your own life.

Perhaps St. Peter's comments to someone holding such a view, meeting that person for the first time at the Pearly Gates >>>> "Well... You did many worthy things, but that doesn't change how there were problems during your life."

Ed
If you want to pontificate, you can start by not misquoting me. I said that was what my priest said. You cut and pasted that. If you wish to continue discussing this, you're more than welcome to send me a private email.
Apr 1st 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: If you want to pontificate, you can start by not misquoting me. I said that was what my priest said. You cut and pasted that. If you wish to continue discussing this, you're more than welcome to send me a private email.
I meant that they were the words provided directly from your post (from the priest). Sorry for being unclear on that.

Ed
Apr 2nd 2014 new

In honor of Pope John Paul ll on the anniversary of his death, April 2, 2005

www.youtube.com
Posts 51 - 59 of 59