Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 5th 2014 new
Hi Nessa ! Welcome back :) Nice to see you again. I think one has to have patience and pray. Sometimes it takes time. I think one has to be positive and never give up hope. If you read the success stories here many were ready to give up, were praying for a spouse and were here for some time. Soooo chin up, enjoy what CM has to offer, pray, do not be discouraged and never give up hope. It only takes one !! God bless all CM members in their search :)
Apr 5th 2014 new
After being on for the first 2-3 years nonstop, I've been off and on since then. At times I do feel frustrated by the people who do not respond (I know this happens to both men and women who make the initial contact). However, I am still hopeful that some day I will be married... and since CM is one way I could meet her, I won't give up forever. I will continue to take breaks.

A HUGE success of this site has been the friends (friends for life) I've made since joining CM. This has been an amazing blessing to me. As a clarification, these are not online friends, they are people from Indiana and surrounding states and we get to see each other at many Indy events (including a group dinner tonight with local CM friends).

I will once again offer this advice: Go to a CM Event! Organize a local event! Please come out behind your computer screen and meet some people, you won't regret it. That's how I've made so many CMers that have become part of my life.

God bless.
Rob
Apr 5th 2014 new

this time around I'm having the time of my life!

Communicating with more members by way of messages, emotion grams and phone calls.(Knock on wood), hoping for good things to come from those. You'll never really know the person you're talking to in the forums until you start doing these things. In addition, meeting in real time will determine if you are truly compatible. just my two cents

Apr 5th 2014 new
Now for friendship is going good, but for dating I didn't find yet.
But I hope I will find soon
Apr 5th 2014 new
Thankyou Kathy!!! biggrin wave
Apr 6th 2014 new

Sometimes I think that CM is like that scene from "The Godfather III" when Al Pacino as Michael Corleone famously utters, "Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!" Because, contrary to what some might think, there have been some successes on here that just didn't pan out long-term for whatever reason.

For better or worse, I've been on more than a couple of these dating websites and I mentioned this before on a previous post, but I think that the quality of women on CM is better than any of the other ones I've been on. And I say that without a trace of Catholic bias because I know that may be what some people might be thinking, but I'm not against dating or marrying someone of another faith. I just know what works for me and what works for me is dating and marrying a Catholic woman.

I WILL say that it's refreshing to see pictures of people's families, pilgrimages to different places around the world helping others and Catholic symbols as opposed to bathroom selfies, 9 out of 10 pictures of them wearing sunglasses, pictures that are older than my CD collection and fake profiles or "scammers".

To those of you who are frustrated, I don't want to say that I feel your pain because I think that sounds lame, but I can relate to what some of you are going through. If you feel that this website isn't working for you and you're wondering whether or not you should cancel your subscription, well, that's up to you. There are plenty of dating websites out there, some free and some not free, but all I can tell you is that from personal experience, this is about as good as it's going to get.

Apr 6th 2014 new
This site makes me wonder sometimes . I sent a note to a lady saying just this "i like your profile and think you are so pretty" and she blocked me she is on the other side of the country ' I will pray for her.
Apr 7th 2014 new
Meh. I follow several of the forums, but that's about it. No responses from anyone I've ever tried to contact, but some of the forums are pretty good. Unfortunately, there're a lot of free forums so when my membership is up, I won't be renewing.
Apr 7th 2014 new
I've been on and off since I started. I have been on three dates in four years, but have had the opportunity to get to know some wonderful Catholic men. I've made at least one close female and one male friendship and enjoy the comeraderie of many others that I haven't met. I've grown in faith, and have had so many prayerful members pray for me in my times of need. All of these count as success in my book.
Apr 7th 2014 new
I joined hoping to find a loving husband with whom to begin a new chapter of my life as his loving wife, but in the meantime (while waiting on our loving Father to get the timing on that just right), I'm enjoying getting to know people. Believe it or not, being a member here has had the surprise benefit of really coming to know the ladies and appreciating their wisdom and life experience as Catholics! It can get SO lonely being a person of faith (especially here in the secular Northeast!), so stretching my mind to embrace all the points of view people express here on he forums is good for my faith (since I'm a convert, I need all the help I can get, and the depths of our traditions and intellectual legacy appear to be boundless).

So yes, I'm hoping my 6 month membership leads me to a so wonderful match and that he and I will be the "featured couple" for finding midlife love on he CM homepage --hey, maybe a commercial deal!! -- but in he meantime, I just appreciate the people, all of us.
Posts 41 - 50 of 66