Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said: Charles, I'm glad you're here, sir. The other string max'ed out before I replied, but I just wanted to say thank you for posting the characteristics of a gentleman...from VMI wasn't it? I was impressed by that, and although I can't claim to always have lived up to it, I agree with it and shall try to do better. I've copied it to Word for future, and perhaps periodic, reference. Thanks, mate! Jerry
Jerry,

Could you or Charles repost the characterstics of a gentleman or send it to me via PM?
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Bad speller. (He's have to have some real good after shave if I'm gonna put up with bad spelling.)>>>>>

Spelling is not a deal breaker for me. My Pete couldn't spell worth a flip and it bothered him tremendously. He would call me when having to fill something out to make sure he had spelled it correctly and if I were unavailable, in the field or out of the country, he felt comfortable enough with two of our friends to use them as spell checkers. And, my husband was very intelligent. He would turn down supervisory positions because of the paper work, then would end up doing the job without the paper work and without the pay. BUT, he smelled really good!

And, it made those few written notes all the sweeter because of the difficulty and the humility it took for him to write them.

One of my major professors can't spell well and brings note cards with her to class, but right off the bat in class, she says, I can't spell worth a flip, so double check it and if its wrong fix it and just deal with it, and she's a full professor with an excellent reputation and career and a lot of publications.
Yeah ....but he SMELLED GOOD. My Russian professor was a very poor speller, in English (he's American). But his Russian was perfect! That's another exception. *wink*
Apr 13th 2014 new
quote) Lauren-927923 said: Bad speller. (He's have to have some real good after shave if I'm gonna put up with bad spelling.)>>>>>

Katie - " Spelling is not a deal breaker for me. My Pete couldn't spell worth a flip and it bothered him tremendously. He would call me when having to fill something out to make sure he had spelled it correctly and if I were unavailable, in the field or out of the country...."

Guess I'd be written off too Katie! I'm a bit dyslexic where I have a habit of reversing numbers and letters like 5.31 I'd put 5.13 or like receive I'll say recieve . Lol, got a good strapping for that in me good old school days for that! I did gurgitate (as Archie Bunker would say) from University anyway but thank God for spell check!

Michael
Apr 13th 2014 new
Oh, the question itself. Two of my sisters and I are gong down under to Australia this time next year to visit our many cousins and families for a tremendous reli-bash as they call it. Any lady at my side by then who tries to interfere with that or say I shouldn't go will be down the road! No questions asked!

Cheers,

Michael Kelly
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Beng-1051944 said: Controlling, irrational, unreasonable, judgmental, mean, opinionated, possessive, immature, boastful, arrogant, disrespectful, dishonesty, addiction -alcohol & drugs, smoker, gambler.

are there any men left?

speak now or forever hold your peace

Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Michael-1071426 said: Oh, the question itself. Two of my sisters and I are gong down under to Australia this time next year to visit our many cousins and families for a tremendous reli-bash as they call it. Any lady at my side by then who tries to interfere with that or say I shouldn't go will be down the road! No questions asked!

Cheers,

Michael Kelly
Michael, I transpose numbers. Welcome to the club!
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said:

are there any men left?

speak now or forever hold your peace

Hahahaha!! Connie you are silly. :-) Personally, I think it's a man's nature to be possessive, and I like that. Some healthy jealousy is cool too. Just nothing that hurts either of us. Controlling types don't like me much. LOL.
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said:

1. Uses recreational drugs.

(Sorry, I'm a former Navy guy, and I believe that stuff just ruins your life and causes those around you misery.)

2. Smoker.

(My Dad was a heavy smoker. I've paid my dues.)

3. Believes in abortion.

(How can I make love to her if there is a chance she might kill my child? Or if she'll teach my children its OK to do that?)

4. Involved in a lesbian relationship she wants to escape from.

(Waay too complicated.)

5. Lies or deliberately misleads me.

(Guess I have trust issues. Truth seems to be the only solution. Lying will just make me crazy. I need to be able to trust her, at least!)

Otherwise, I guess I'm pretty open!

I second this list.
Apr 13th 2014 new
There are many deal breakers for me e.g. Lying about what your intentions on what the relationship. Being a fake person, and on that tries to change with each crowd, instead being yourself.
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: There are many deal breakers for me e.g. Lying about what your intentions on what the relationship. Being a fake person, and on that tries to change with each crowd, instead being yourself.
William,
These would be my deal breakers too. I think that every person here knows deep down whether they are serious about finding a mate or whether they are just window shopping. Do the inner work ahead of time to figure that out so you don't waste my time or unnecessarily raise false hope.

Being genuine is very important to me.

The last deal breaker, and it's a big one, is someone who feels they are willing to "take on" my children as an extension of having a relationship with me. If you can't see yourself becoming a step dad, or are only looking for someone to enjoy fun times with, move on down the road because my life is very serious right now and I can't take on phonies.
Posts 31 - 40 of 104