Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 21st 2014 new
Christie,

Thank you for your critique/comment.
I have to say I am a bit loss on what you're referencing to when you mention " Personally, I'm not a fan of posting pictures of kids (whether they're yours or not) on online dating sites". Though I do agree that pictures of kids shouldn't really be on here due to today's society.
Once again thank you for your critique/comment.
Apr 21st 2014 new
What a cool thread!!!!!!!!! biggrin

For Michael: I think the way you described being close with family despite the distance between you was great!
biggrin wave
Apr 21st 2014 new
I realized after I posted that you had replied. I tend to start a reply and get busy then come back to it, so I didn't originally see yours. My apologies.

First and foremost I want to thank you for your service. I have the utmost respect and appreciation for all those who serve. I have so many family members who have served/are serving in the military. I understand what a sacrifice it is, and for that I'm very grateful. Of course, pictures of a guy in uniform usually go over well for us ladies, too.

Speaking of pictures, it wouldn't hurt to smile. I mean a real smile, not a smirk. A photo with a smile can be very inviting and makes a person more approachable.

I'm guessing you probably write, like you speak. I say that, because I know I do. I tend to be verbose (that sounds nicer than admit I talk a lot). I have to work at self editing. I admire profiles that can convey their thoughts in a concise way. If it looks too long, I might not read it. So breaking it up into mini paragraphs of the different thoughts makes it easier to read. There were a few things in your profile that were redundant, so you could say them once to condense it.

The only other criticism is to not be self-deprecating. Don't sell yourself short. You really do seem like a pretty great guy. Don't call yourself a nerd. There's nothing wrong with being a nerd, or liking the things you do, but the context implies it's a bad thing. If you like something own it.

All in all, I thought you had a lot of great things to say. I liked that you were open in sharing your interests. I really appreciated that you have communication skills which from my experience generally seems to be severely lacking online. You clearly you have a good sense of self and know what you're looking for.
Apr 21st 2014 new
What was I saying about working at self editing in my reply further down below?! Yikes! The reply above should have said Hi Christopher. That was about his profile, although much of it also applies to you. The response was meant for Christopher who I was originally replying to, but then realized I was supposed to be replying to you Michael. Wow, that's a big online failure moment for me! Let me just say it's Monday and I'm obviously not multi-tasking to the best of my abilities today what with my work phone ringing, cell phone texting, emails chiming, people walking in/out of my office, all while I'm trying to post on this forum. People expect me to work, don't they know they're distracting me from something important?! Again, my most humble (and embarrassed) apologies to both of you.
Apr 22nd 2014 new
Ok getting brave....anyone want to have a go at my profile.? Any help advice would be gratefully received. boggled
Apr 22nd 2014 new

As Michael was the last guy to post, I'll also say a little bit about his profile, too. :)

Christie pretty much nailed everything about your profile, Michael (definitely smile. Ladies love to see that!), but I would like to add that if you could go into slightly more detail about what you're looking for in a lady, that would be helpful, too. Additionally, although it may be difficult, try to grab a friend or family member next time you're out and get some more photos taken. My 'secret' to profile pictures is having a personal photographer (my mom!). She'll take random photos sometimes just for my profile, so if you enlist some aid there, too, you'll be pretty good to go. Your profile is about you, so have fun with it where you can.

Apr 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Debbie-1073565 said: Ok getting brave....anyone want to have a go at my profile.? Any help advice would be gratefully received.

Hello Debbie!

I don't know when the next gent will show up, so I thought I'd take a look at your profile and see if I can give you any pointers. :)

Your profile is very detailed with lots of photos, so you're doing great there. There's a ton of content to get a guy talking in a first message if he so pleases, so wonderful job! However, I did find a few spelling errors, so if you could read through your "about me" section, you'll be just about set. Rotating through pictures and adding new ones every once in a while will be helpful, too.

Btw, I see that you're interested in the life of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, so I wanted to let you know that there's a great movie called "A Time for Miracles" starring Kate Mulgrew. It's about St. Elizabeth's journey to Catholicism all the way till the end of her life.

God bless,

Bernadette~

Apr 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

Hello Debbie!

I don't know when the next gent will show up, so I thought I'd take a look at your profile and see if I can give you any pointers. :)

Your profile is very detailed with lots of photos, so you're doing great there. There's a ton of content to get a guy talking in a first message if he so pleases, so wonderful job! However, I did find a few spelling errors, so if you could read through your "about me" section, you'll be just about set. Rotating through pictures and adding new ones every once in a while will be helpful, too.

Btw, I see that you're interested in the life of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, so I wanted to let you know that there's a great movie called "A Time for Miracles" starring Kate Mulgrew. It's about St. Elizabeth's journey to Catholicism all the way till the end of her life.

God bless,

Bernadette~

Awesome thank you. Even though I have read and retread my profile I never saw the mistakes .....so THANK YOU I think I have corrected all of them.
Oh I do hope the movie is on Netflix. I would very much love to learn more about her.

Thank you Bernadette for taking the time to read and critique my profile.
Debbie.
Apr 22nd 2014 new
Hi Bernadette. Your profile was a delight to read. Even though you covered a lot of ground in describing yourself, it didn't read like a laundry list nor a resume. The pictures were awesome. I especially liked the Black Widow. And I really appreciated this line you wrote: A perfect match doesn't mean "completing" each other or "competing" with each other. It does mean "complementing" each other. :)

thumbsup
Apr 22nd 2014 new
Hello to everyone,

This is a great thread. It is nice to see people helping one another. Dave, would you mind taking a look a my profile? I will look at your profile if you would like

Maria
Posts 41 - 50 of 121