Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 23rd 2014 new
How long do I plan to live or want to live?

I want to live as long as I can take care of myself. I don't want anyone changing my diapers if there's no hope for recovery. And I don't want to know when its coming.
Apr 23rd 2014 new
(quote) John-34848 said: until I get married!
Don't you mean you plan to live at least 20 years after you get married. You want to enjoy married life for a while, Don't you?
Apr 23rd 2014 new
I used to tell my grandma I didn't want to live until I was 90 (she dies at 91 and a half) . I don't want to wear out my welcome!
Apr 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: Don't you mean you plan to live at least 20 years after you get married. You want to enjoy married life for a while, Don't you?
Reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield's line. "My wife and I were blissfully happy for 25 years. Then we met".
Before my conversion, my exit plan was a simple one: to be shot dead at age 102, in a disco, by a jealous husband. Now, of course, it needs some work...
Apr 23rd 2014 new
youtu.be

Apr 23rd 2014 new

96 years old. That was the ripe old age of my great uncle when he died and I remember saying to God that I want to live as old as my great uncle. Therefore if it's the Lord's will, I will be 96 years old but God will need to take care of me financially and maintain my health. Otherwise, I'm going to be a very crabby 96 years old Fogey who won't have a pot to leak in or a window to throw it out and be force to rely on a demanding nurses aide. weeping

Apr 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Laura-771477 said:

96 years old. That was the ripe old age of my great uncle when he died and I remember saying to God that I want to live as old as my great uncle. Therefore if it's the Lord's will, I will be 96 years old but God will need to take care of me financially and maintain my health. Otherwise, I'm going to be a very crabby 96 years old Fogey who won't have a pot to leak in or a window to throw it out and be force to rely on a demanding nurses aide.

What a comical visual.
Apr 24th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: Since I turned 65 last August I have been wondering about this. Three score years and ten is the allotted time. Men can expect to live until 78 and woman to 83 on average. Wondering what others think. I do know that I would like to die after an illness not just drop dead type of thing.maybe I want time to square things with God. Not sure. What about you?
I plan to stick around as long as the Man Upstairs finds me useful.
Apr 24th 2014 new
Until the food holds out.
Apr 24th 2014 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: Don't you mean you plan to live at least 20 years after you get married. You want to enjoy married life for a while, Don't you?
Yes, you are right As long as I live each day with the Lord(on this earth), I am content. I turn my longevity over to Him. Everyday is a gift.
Posts 11 - 20 of 65