Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 27th 2014 new
(quote) Rob-362135 said: To be honest, I think about this very rarely. My father died young (40) of cancer, so the year I turned 40 was quite surreal. I thought a lot about his life that year... things like "this was it?". My paternal grandfather died at about 63, while my mother was pregnant with me. So my direct lineage doesn't bode well for me. I live my life each day without worrying too much about how much time do I have left. I thank God for my life every morning and try to grow closer to him every day.

No matter what age you live to be, it always seems so short (from what I've heard, read & seen).
My experience is similar to Rob's. My parents have been gone nearly 30 years and both losses were unexpected. It changed me. The result is that I try to focus on today. I live each day as best I can. My house could be cleaner, but I chose to play Monopoly with Paul and Claire. My kids won't have to say, "I wish we had had time to camp, fish or play games with Mom or take that trip we talked about" because we are doing those things. They may wish for more time, but they won't have to wish things had been different.

I'll live as long as God sees fit, then he'll take me home. heart
Apr 28th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: Since I turned 65 last August I have been wondering about this. Three score years and ten is the allotted time. Men can expect to live until 78 and woman to 83 on average. Wondering what others think. I do know that I would like to die after an illness not just drop dead type of thing.maybe I want time to square things with God. Not sure. What about you?

I really dont have a plan but I would like to hang around long enough to get my suit back from the cleaners.

Apr 28th 2014 new
My grandmother used to say the same thing! I laugh every time I think of it!
Apr 29th 2014 new
lol good answer
Apr 29th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield's line. "My wife and I were blissfully happy for 25 years. Then we met".
Before my conversion, my exit plan was a simple one: to be shot dead at age 102, in a disco, by a jealous husband. Now, of course, it needs some work...
laughing Thank you, Paul. I usually get annoyed with the topic of death in the forum, and this helped with holding back from making a snarky comment. angel
Apr 29th 2014 new

theheart theheart theheart biggrin biggrin Hi Josephine,

I unlike you, would like to know when it's coming. If I know I had only 6 mos. to live I would do many things that I can't now. Like not worrying so much about finances and so many other things. A friend of mine said "I plan on leaving this world owing". I found it funny but in a way very stress relieving. I don't want to live a long life as many people I know do. But whatever His will is for me, I accept. :) :)

Apr 29th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Josephine,

I unlike you, would like to know when it's coming. If I know I had only 6 mos. to live I would do many things that I can't now. Like not worrying so much about finances and so many other things. A friend of mine said "I plan on leaving this world owing". I found it funny but in a way very stress relieving. I don't want to live a long life as many people I know do. But whatever His will is for me, I accept. :) :)

I understand. I get that you would want to do things without worrying about later. Just don't go too wild hyper wide eyed shhh

Apr 29th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Josephine,

Have you seen the movie I think it's called "Last Holiday" with Queen Latifah?
Apr 29th 2014 new
I would like to continue living as long as I have reasonable health and my independence. I spent 2 years as a long term care ombudsman. I've seen firsthand people very elderly living in nursing homes, residential care facilities, foster homes and assisted living. I hope and pray God will take me home before I reach that stage. Still, life and death are God's decisions and he knows what is best for us.
Apr 29th 2014 new
We may not get another chance to lend a hand to a friend ~ give a hug to a child ~
enjoy the splendor of a magnificent sunset ~ or tell our partner we love them ~
Each day is our last, until God blesses us with another

theheart
Posts 41 - 50 of 65