Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 1st new
www.youtube.com

Thank heavens for Youtube. Now we know the secret to longevity! laughing
May 1st new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: ...I do know that I would like to die after an illness not just drop dead type of thing.maybe I want time to square things with God. Not sure. What about you?
I will (and will have to) take what God plans, but if I had the choice I'd just as soon
skip the illness part.
May 1st new
it was on the mensa.ca website [canada]........sorry.............don't depend on me for a link.......[about napping more than 60 mins in the daytime]..... laughing..............I may as well start planning my demise rolling eyes
May 2nd new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: Since I turned 65 last August I have been wondering about this. Three score years and ten is the allotted time. Men can expect to live until 78 and woman to 83 on average. Wondering what others think. I do know that I would like to die after an illness not just drop dead type of thing.maybe I want time to square things with God. Not sure. What about you?
Somewhere between 83 and 88, if various Longevity Tests are to be believed.

My maternal grandparents lived into their 90s.
My paternal grandparents weren't so blessed.

There are several free tests online.
Just google " longevity test" or "life expectancy test".

That said, I also believe in the bon mot: "Make God laugh. Tell Him your plans."
Lead a healthy life, but keep your eyes focused on His plan.

I don't have a set amount of time that I "plan" to live, as that is up to Almighty God. I can say this much though, I would rather live a short, good, moral and sound life; rather than a long one with no purpose.
Posts 61 - 65 of 65