Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

May 16th 2014 new
Three years. I was married 23 years.
May 16th 2014 new
Three years. I was married 23 years.
May 17th 2014 new
surprised Aug. 28, 2013 after 48 yrs. of marriage, it is like losing part of myself and fearing I will never find it again.
May 17th 2014 new
Carole: I too am new to this and have not had much success.Everyone who contacts me is in another part of the country. The few near me never respond to my messages. Sometimes I feel I am doing it wrong but no one can help. They should offer new people more help.
May 17th 2014 new
(quote) Carole-1080999 said: I'm sorry for all of you as you are still hurting.I too am a widow,3 yrs in August. It does get somewhat easier in some ways. In other ways ,no ! I would like to find someone to share traveling with and dinners , and good times .I joined several weeks ago,but no one is conversing with me. I'm a little disappointed,as this is the first time Ive been on any website of this kind. I understand what you are going through, and I pray that you all find the love of someone special again. It's in Gods time !

Carole, you are on the right place ! The Forums is another way of reaching out, and sharing somehow helped ease that pain of grief. Healing takes some time. I hope and pray that somehow you'll find that special someone.
May 18th 2014 new
You know, I rejoined because of the forums and the friends I have made, but to be honest, I gave up about a year ago. I am not sure that most men will be able to handle a widow unless they are a widower.
May 18th 2014 new
(quote) Linda-756196 said: You know, I rejoined because of the forums and the friends I have made, but to be honest, I gave up about a year ago. I am not sure that most men will be able to handle a widow unless they are a widower.
Interesting Linda you should say this. I am not a widow but I am divorced and annulled. I sometimes feel the same way that you do.......I am not sure that most men could understand unless they went through what I did :(
May 23rd 2014 new

This August will be 9 years since I've been widowed. I believe in God's timing and God's plan but 9 years!

May 23rd 2014 new

We were married 18 years.

May 24th 2014 new
I was widowed in Sept 2000 and had been together for 21 years.
Posts 31 - 40 of 61