Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Jun 13th 2014 new
Married for 7 years, widowed for 24
I put my focus on raising my three sons and letting Our Lord fill the void.

Jun 15th 2014 new
Married 17 wonderful years, widowed three months.
Jun 15th 2014 new
(quote) Linda-756196 said: You know, I rejoined because of the forums and the friends I have made, but to be honest, I gave up about a year ago. I am not sure that most men will be able to handle a widow unless they are a widower.
Linda, one of the good things about CM is that it can help us to connect to someone else who is widowed. We all get discouraged, but we all know that "quick fixes" do not last. I look at the lives of the saints and how they persevered in prayer...some for many years before God gave them the desires of their heart. So, we must continue to step outside of our comfort zone online and offline. Technology is now a big part of our lives and it isn't going away. I am thankful for the female friends I have made here as we are able to support each other on our journey. My prayer this morning, "Lord Jesus, help me to enjoy the gift of today and help me to live in the present moment." Amen. rose
Jun 19th 2014 new
Rochelle, do you know why you get no response when you ask someone to just complete an interview or to answer the simplest question like "where is------?" when it is a match in your own state? Sometimes I think messages are not received or I am doing things wrong. Is there any type of notification when someone receives your message other than "message successfully sent"? Do they just ignore you based on photo?
Jun 19th 2014 new
Married 7 years, and a widower for 8 months.
Jun 20th 2014 new
Jun 20th 2014 new
One possible explanation for an unanswered email is that the person is no longer active on CM. But other people may just make a snap decision that you are not the one for them, but not give you the courtesy of a response. I have been pretty consistent about answering emails, even if it is obvious to me that I am not interested in that person.

I understand that some studies show that the better looking people on dating websites get a lot more email than everyone else. If you get a lot of email, you may get tired of answering it.

I have been keeping records, and my current view is that if the person is more than a year or two younger than I am, they will not respond, and may not even bother to look at my profile.

Richard

Jul 15th new
I've been widowed since Feb 14th of 2012 after 37 years of being happily married.
Sep 1st new
Married 47 years, 11 months 9 days. Widowed 1 year and 8 months. My thoughts are that nothing can prepare you for becoming "Suddenly single"
Sep 1st new
I am not a widow, but every time I see a thread on your situation, my heart aches. My mother died last year unexpectedly and I can only imagine what you all must have had to endure. I'm so glad you have Jesus to lean on. theheart rose
Posts 51 - 60 of 64