Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 6th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm thinking that the group would more for clean, good fun, not especially trying to date each other. I think a nice Catholic-protestant mix could lead to good things between churches and promote understanding, especially of Catholicism for those 'fundamental' types.
I'm sure that there will be pairing up involved -- isn't there usually in co-ed adult groups? But it shouldn't be the main purpose.
I'd like to join for the fun and fellowship and maybe some gentle apologetics, but I really don't want to lose my heart to another non-Catholic. That's really all that holding me back.
I would like to start a Catholic singles group, but I don't know if I'm the one for the job.
Hi Rachel, I'm a little confused and it's possible you are, too - in your last you suggest that it's mostly about fellowship and apologetics, but you've headlined the thread "....hoping to find your match". Whatever you decide, it's good to know what you're really feeling going in.
May 6th 2014 new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: I agree with Jerry.
Me three!
May 6th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: "I would like to start a Catholic singles group, but I don't know if I'm the one for the job."
Be the impetus of change. You ARE the one for the job. Be the fisher of men.
May 6th 2014 new
hmm -- I'm not confused -- I know it would be fun to be with other singles, and to deepen understanding between different faiths -- but I know I'd also be hoping to find Mr. Right -- and that's the part where I get unhappy thinking about another unequal match.
May 6th 2014 new
Why not? There are many good people out there that are not Catholic. Catholics are not the only ones who get into heaven.
May 6th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: Catholics are not the only ones who get into heaven.
However those who reject or turn away from the Catholic Church without eventually returning won't.

May 6th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: hmm -- I'm not confused -- I know it would be fun to be with other singles, and to deepen understanding between different faiths -- but I know I'd also be hoping to find Mr. Right -- and that's the part where I get unhappy thinking about another unequal match.
Give it a try. You don't know what the group will be like unless you go. Some Christian groups are inclusive to Catholics, some are not. You might make a new friend or even get some ideas on other events to attend.
May 6th 2014 new
Personally, if it was a social group, I would join to make new friends and have new adventures. One can be in a group and choose not to become romantically involved if it compromises one's beliefs.
May 6th 2014 new
I think of this like a meetup group. Just to get out and find new places to go and new people to meet sounds good.
May 6th 2014 new
One word "Join it!" Oh that is two words, my bad. Sign up, if you enjoy it continue being a member.
Posts 11 - 20 of 90