Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 7th 2014 new
I am those groups but I am not participating in the party's. ....I am excersice groups in there I am meeting boys .
May 7th 2014 new
Join the group. Enjoy the socialization.
Take it slow. As far as marriage, you might be getting a little too far ahead of yourself.
One step at a time. After all, haven't individuals converted at some point. Have an open mind, the sky's the limit. Besides thinking with your head, think with your heart as well.
More power to you and many blessings in your journey.
May 7th 2014 new
It would be very hard for me because they do not believe in The Assumption of Mary
May 7th 2014 new
Yes, I have joined such groups. It is good to get out and do fun things and meet new people. I would check it out before I joined but I have good experiences. Why sit alone at home when there are fun things to do? The Catholic groups around here just can't seem to get going for some reason.
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I would not; my Faith is my core and that I want to share with a spouse. To join such a group could tempt my heart. Could I meet someone and he converts? Possibly but there is always a chance he would become Catholic to please me which would certainly not be good.
I want to qualify what I said. I belong to several groups that are based on a common type of activity or hobby. They are for singles but I guess I don't think of them as a place to meet a spouse. One could of course, but the focus seems to be on the events (I.e. Meet up groups). I'm just there to have fun and not to meet 'him.'
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I want to qualify what I said. I belong to several groups that are based on a common type of activity or hobby. They are for singles but I guess I don't think of them as a place to meet a spouse. One could of course, but the focus seems to be on the events (I.e. Meet up groups). I'm just there to have fun and not to meet 'him.'
You're making a good distinction, Meg. I can see joining groups based on interests. I would not join a singles group affiliated with a Protestant church, however. I would rather be single than marry someone not committed to the Catholic faith.
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said:  I would not join a singles group affiliated with a Protestant church, however. I would rather be single than marry someone not committed to the Catholic faith.
I agree with this. I want to do it right and not do it, meaning marriage, at all.
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I agree with this. I want to do it right and not do it, meaning marriage, at all.
Did you mean to write "and not do it" or was that a slip for "or not do it"?
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Did you mean to write "and not do it" or was that a slip for "or not do it"?
Sorry for the screw-up. I want to do marriage the right way or not at all.

It looked correct in my brain but now I see the error. Thanks for pointing that out,Paul.
May 7th 2014 new
I have considered it. Many of the Christian mega-churches around here have a large number of ex-Catholics. So does Christian Mingle. Many have much in common with us and are not against Catholicism. Both sets of my Grandparents were inter-faith marriages. Both were loving and successful and produced my devout Catholic parents.
Posts 31 - 40 of 90