Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 14th 2014 new
(quote) Gianna-569105 said: I never in a bazillion years thought I would consider that but I've been on this site and involved with Catholic Singles groups off and on for five years. I have never met a single person that I would even consider dating.

So, yea, I may have to expand my horizons

Gianna, pleeaasseeeee!!!! I could not believe in a trazillion years that you have not met at least a dozen fantastic gentlemen on CatholicMatch.com in the past five years that you could and should have dated and considered MARRYING!!!!! You've got the finest of the finest Catholic gentlemen in America here and I know if you put your mind to it you could make a moral out of the devil himself. (Now I'm expecting you guys out there to back me up on this and make some suggestions that might gently change Gianna's attitude.) theheart
May 14th 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: Gianna, pleeaasseeeee!!!! I could not believe in a trazillion years that you have not met at least a dozen fantastic gentlemen on CatholicMatch.com in the past five years that you could and should have dated and considered MARRYING!!!!! You've got the finest of the finest Catholic gentlemen in America here and I know if you put your mind to it you could make a moral out of the devil himself. (Now I'm expecting you guys out there to back me up on this and make some suggestions that might gently change Gianna's attitude.)
I agree with you, Andrew. I would counsel Gianna not to wonder off the reservation. The rules of the Church are for our benefit. You're playing with fire if you date protestants. I am the product of a mixed marriage myself.

Perhaps the man for Gianna is right under her pretty little nose. She just hasn't seen him yet. Or perhaps he's not ready yet? I would counsel Gianna to look into her own heart and re-evaluate.
I wish her the best.
May 20th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I agree with you, Andrew. I would counsel Gianna not to wonder off the reservation. The rules of the Church are for our benefit. You're playing with fire if you date protestants. I am the product of a mixed marriage myself.

Perhaps the man for Gianna is right under her pretty little nose. She just hasn't seen him yet. Or perhaps he's not ready yet? I would counsel Gianna to look into her own heart and re-evaluate.
I wish her the best.
Thanks, Jim. There's a practical side to my response that I think we all should be thinking about. I believe being married to a Catholic should help us maintain, deepen and expand our own Catholic faith and beliefs, and believe me, I need all the help I can get. Imagine trying to explain to a non-Catholic spouse why you said a prayer to St. Anthony to help you find your car keys. A non-Catholic spouse would probably laugh, a Catholic spouse would join you in your prayers and more than likely find them. After all, St. Anthony also has a sense of divine humor! biggrin
May 20th 2014 new
I have been a member of a Catholic group for over 10 years. As members married our group which is mainly Baby Boomers has gotten smaller. Now I have joined two Christian Social Groups. The offer many activities such as dances, dinners and movies. The majority of the gentlemen are Catholics. They joined Christian groups was mainly to eat Catholic ladies. I wish the best to you as you navigate the dating scene
May 20th 2014 new
Sorry about typo it should read to meet Catholic ladies.
Jun 1st 2014 new
Rachel,

I didn't read your post in full, I didn't need to for I pondered the same years ago. So my answer is simple and final: NO.

Although is true there are good people everywhere, in the end, even if you find your "soul mate" in a protestant or non Catholic group you loose, because the chances of him supporting you in your faith are much much lesser in that case; you will loose more than what you gain, for you will eventually be pulled out of the Church. This is not just my opinion but a common situation shared by people that call the Catholic radio programs I listen to, giving their testimonials of return to the Church, and oftentimes asking questions and advice on the annulment process.

I know is very hard for a woman over 35 - and even harder for one in her 50s like me - to find, meet and marry a good man who IS truly not just Catholic but a practicing Catholic man, but even with the difficult odds on this (and on other) Catholic sites, I'm convinced sticking to and persevering in catholic groups circles is the best option.

Mind you, it may take many years - I've been on CM 7 years already, and on AMS since 2000 (is a sunk cost so there's nothing to gain from leaving it) - or it only a few weeks to find your spouse. It depends on many factors but mostly on whether and WHEN each of you is really ready to take the leap of faith to accept each other just as you are - with your actual & real physique, past, learned lessons, and realistic expectations - with the firm disposition of heart to trust God in his will and providence for you as spouses.

How do you get to that point? How do you manage the wait? By living one day at a time, offering it to God and thanking him for everything. Seek first the Lord, get to know and love him deeper. Seek to grow in Trust in God (I think this is really the hardest part for many, including me). Pray constantly for you and for your future spouse, as well as for the needs of others as go about on your daily tasks. Go on spiritual retreats, and on events for Catholic singles - check the upcoming retreat, conference, meet-ups, and trips on the Events page of this site - and enjoy the fellowship and new friends God brings to you.

God Bless,
Hilda
Jun 1st 2014 new
Well, no one and nothing will ever pull me away from the One True Catholic Faith. I was married to a Christian Scientist (Not Scientology!) which is anything but Christian or Scientific, and I became stronger in my faith, learned much more in order to be able to articulate why I believe each part of my faith, and came much closer to God. I was raised in a Sunday Catholic family but never left my church or religion. I am strong enough to have many close friends who do not believe like I do, even 'Catholics' who do not believe most of our Faith. I would like more than anything to be married to a strong, faithful, faith-filled Catholic man. That is my prayer and hope, but I'm really not afraid of meeting a good Christian man of another faith. I'm pretty good at bringing others into understanding of our Faith and could even convert a few men along the way!
Jun 3rd 2014 new
Is it really practical to put all your efforts into a single service, like CM? Of course, presumably all of the members here are Catholic, in one way or another. There is a spectrum of adherence to Catholicism revealed in the profiles. It is difficult for me to be interested in a woman who rarely attends Mass, is divorced (and appears to have no interest in seeking annulment), has a casual attitude toward pre-marital sex (promiscuous?), etc. There are other reasons having nothing to do with adherence to the faith -- such as unwillingness to relocate because they feel that they must be close to grandchildren (a common factor for "age appropriate" women"), tall women who would not want be seen next to a short man, women who will not entertain a long distance relationship (a factor for those of us for whom EVERY relationship will be long distance because we live in the middle of nowhere), are high maintenance, etc. So, it is necessary to critically evaluate the size of the actual pool that would be of interest. I guess I would prefer a woman with virtue and character who is not Catholic than a nominal Catholic who lacks virtue and character. I am considering expanding my search tools to include services in addition to CM to expand the search space.
Jun 3rd 2014 new
Tony - "There are other reasons having nothing to do with adherence to the faith -- such as unwillingness to relocate because they feel that they must be close to grandchildren (a common factor for "age appropriate" women"), tall women who would not want be seen next to a short man, women who will not entertain a long distance relationship (a factor for those of us for whom EVERY relationship will be long distance because we live in the middle of nowhere), are high maintenance, etc. So, it is necessary to critically evaluate the size of the actual pool that would be of interest. I guess I would prefer a woman with virtue and character who is not Catholic than a nominal Catholic who lacks virtue and character. I am considering expanding my search tools to include services in addition to CM to expand the search space."

I agree with you overall. I can tell you though I have been on other secular sites and this issues of not being able to click are no different than here. They even have spaces in profiles for stating or demanding income ranges in addition to height or body type lol. 35k - 50; 50k - 75k; 75k - 100k; 100-150+K. One big advantage though to CMC is that we have these forums. All the friends on here, not to mention a lady I am concentrating heavily on right now, were all met on these forums; not at all by clicking on a lady's profile and saying hi.

Cheers,

Michael
Jun 3rd 2014 new
Might try reading the Old Testament book of Hosea to get a little different perspective on who God might want us to marry :-)
Posts 81 - 90 of 90