Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 30th 2014 new
That particular story is one that is probably better that it not be aired in public shhh
May 30th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: That particular story is one that is probably better that it not be aired in public
Yeah, well let the NSA have it if they want it so badly.
May 30th 2014 new
With them right in my back yard - they could probably already tell the story better than I can - the only question would be who can keep the secret the longest - me or them - my bet is on me.

I still remember when the only thing NSA stood for was "No Such Agency" - then they started putting signs up saying "Welcome to the National Security Agency" Been around the agency and its members my whole life - a great group of people for the most part if you ask me - but it is fun to give them a hard time.
May 30th 2014 new
I was the only Rachel I knew until I was a junior in college and there was one other Rachel there! This made me feel alternately 'too different' or 'uniquely special'. I had a teacher who named his first daughter Rachel, kind of after me -- his wife kept suggesting name after name after and he rejected them all because of bad kids he had taught over the years. Finally she suggested 'Rachel' and he agreed because since I was the only one he knew and I had been a good student, great athlete (he was a coach as well as teacher), and respectful to him. It can pay to be a goody-two-shoes! laughing wink At least when the adults were around... shhh
May 30th 2014 new
ugh -- I hit submit instead of preview!
Here is a slightly cleaned up version of the post:
I was the only Rachel I knew until I was a junior in college and there was one other Rachel there! This made me feel alternately 'too different' or 'uniquely special'. I had a teacher who named his first daughter Rachel, kind of after me -- his wife kept suggesting name after name after name and he rejected them all because of bad associations with kids he had taught over the years. Finally she suggested 'Rachel' and he agreed because since I was the only one he knew and I had been a good student, great athlete (he was a coach as well as teacher), and respectful to him, he had no bad feelings about the name. It can pay to be a goody-two-shoes! laughing wink At least when the adults were around... shhh
May 30th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Kevin, that was hilarious, Thank you. Now I have to track down and watch the entire show :-)
I'm not sure how to get the entire show, but we DO have:

www.morecambeandwise.com

and Andre Previn letting Eric Morecambe tell him how to
conduct a classical piece:

www.youtube.com

May 30th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Kevin, that was hilarious, Thank you. Now I have to track down and watch the entire show :-)
tinyurl.com
May 30th 2014 new
Thanks again Kevin, thought I had seen almost all of the old british comedies, only to find out I had never heard of these two guys. From the links you have provided and additional searches I have done it looks like there is an overabundance of video available for me to familiarize myself with the Morecambe & Wise dou.
May 30th 2014 new
What's in a name?? Apparently a lot.....I was out with a couple the other night who had introduced me to a gentleman last year. We had several dates and then he poofed on me. Well, the long and short of it......he told my friends that he couldn't get past the fact that my name was Linda, Seems his ex-wife's name was Linda. laughing eyepopping rolling eyes
May 31st 2014 new
The name of my exboyfriend. Id rather not tell whats his name but I didnt want to meet someone same with his name. It brings back memories. Ciao!
Posts 31 - 40 of 53