Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 31st 2014 new
Oopppsss...Im sorry that I posted/commented under this forum age45+.

Peace everyone! :)
May 31st 2014 new
(quote) Mariella-964442 said: Oopppsss...Im sorry that I posted/commented under this forum age45+.

Peace everyone! :)
I wouldn't be too concern mariella as we post in the under 45- ... just being neighborly .... hug crossfingers wave smile
May 31st 2014 new
Some people name their children with silly names. my wife went to school with a boy whose name was "Stick around" and a friend of mine worked with a fellow who named his daughter "Tomorrow's dawn".
May 31st 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Some people name their children with silly names. my wife went to school with a boy whose name was "Stick around" and a friend of mine worked with a fellow who named his daughter "Tomorrow's dawn".
Better than being one of Frank Zappa's kids:

en.wikipedia.org
May 31st 2014 new
Three divorced men that I know married women with the same first name as their first wife. One name was quite rare, Ellie, and the other two weren't. I remembered that when I read an article about twins who were separated at birth and found each other years later. Many of the men married women with the same name. I don't believe that we are predestined to marry a person of a specific name, but isn't that a bit strange? Of course, some didn't.
Jul 4th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Some people name their children with silly names. my wife went to school with a boy whose name was "Stick around" and a friend of mine worked with a fellow who named his daughter "Tomorrow's dawn".

Years ago I worked in a teaching hospital. There was a resident physician named 9. It seems that her parents numbered their children instead of naming them.

I would have problems meeting someone named Jerry. That was my deceased husband's name. The memories are not good ones.

Jul 7th 2014 new
I doubt I could get past the name Hannibal Lecter
Jul 14th 2014 new
I might think it weird to date someone with my mom or sister's name... but I could get over that I think. Otherwise I'm agnostic on the matter.
Jul 14th 2014 new
I might think it weird to date someone with my mom or sister's name... but I could get over that I think. Otherwise I'm agnostic on the matter.
Jul 19th 2014 new
My first thought was the Holy name of Jesus and the authority and righteousness He purchased for us with His name. With men or women, a name is a name...it's the character of someone or else you are being superstitious.

I had to laugh when someone commented to your question about the name Arthur as my father's name was Arthur--not that he was referred to as Arthur. He is in heaven now but my Dad was the best family man who loved his wife of 52 years of marriage with great kindness and fidelity and vice versa along with being a great father to the six children they had together.

Again, in short, the name is an easy way for God to identify us :).

Jeannie
Posts 41 - 50 of 53