Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 9th 2014 new
Bump di bumpity bump bump!!

For awhile now I"ve been hearing, "so when are we having another mass and brunch/dinner" my reply...HEY JUNE 21!! So come on down......these events have always been nicely attending, anywhere from 6 to 36 (we once almost took over a small restaurant!) and they are fun too, an opportunity to worship together and meet other CMer's good way to break the ice if you are the shy sort and not very comfortable in venturing out to meet new folks, the NY Crew met this way, a few of us attended a NY area mass and brunch and became good friends some of us have even traveled together with CM (Ireland, Italy, Boston etc) So....what's keeping you back....if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!! All are welcomed!! Ok off the soapbox..for now! soapbox
Jun 9th 2014 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said: So....what's keeping you back....if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!! All are welcomed!! Ok off the soapbox..for now!
It's the Nature of the CM Beast. I'm afraid there's a lot of Talk the Talk, but too little Walk the Walk. Why??? I don't know, but there's a lot ready to throw in the towel, or I can't meet anyone .... weeping
Jun 10th 2014 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Bump di bumpity bump bump!!

For awhile now I"ve been hearing, "so when are we having another mass and brunch/dinner" my reply...HEY JUNE 21!! So come on down......these events have always been nicely attending, anywhere from 6 to 36 (we once almost took over a small restaurant!) and they are fun too, an opportunity to worship together and meet other CMer's good way to break the ice if you are the shy sort and not very comfortable in venturing out to meet new folks, the NY Crew met this way, a few of us attended a NY area mass and brunch and became good friends some of us have even traveled together with CM (Ireland, Italy, Boston etc) So....what's keeping you back....if anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me!! All are welcomed!! Ok off the soapbox..for now!
The sad part is you can't post the events in the "dating room." In the "Good Ole Days." You didn't have all this diversity in the rooms and when you could post them in St. Peter's and The Dating Room, you would get a larger response because people would interact more. A great many people do not come into this room that should. I come in here every so often to see what is happening and much to my surprise and delight you did a get together. People like to complain it is easier than taking action. I think they think God has the magic wand and says here she/he is for you. They forget "God helps those who helps themselves." Getting to an event helps themselves. That is why I did topic (one of my few) about attending events and yet no one posted on it until Dave one of the commenters did and then the majority were people who being doing it for years and already knew the fruits of attending one LOL
Jun 10th 2014 new

Hi Jacqueline,

I hope that this message find you in good spirits. I will most likely attend, but at present Im waiting for a prior commitment be confirm or postpone. I would love to meet other active Catholic single, being that most of my friends are married. God bless you for your effort.

Your Bother in Christ

Alvaro

Jun 13th 2014 new
Sorry, not going to be able to do this after all. sorry
Maybe in the fall...?
Jun 13th 2014 new
Thank you, Jacqueline for planning this event. I will get back to you with a confirmation. thumbsup
Jun 14th 2014 new
I might be able to attend based on my work schedule. Where and when?

Jun 14th 2014 new
Too bad for me. I am in town that weekend, but I have theater tickets with my daughter in law that night. :(
Jun 14th 2014 new

6/21/14 TIME: 5:30 MASS lets meet at 5:00 in front of the church

Vigil Mass at:

The Basillica of Saint Patricks Old Cathedral

263 Mulberry Street, Corner of Prince & Mott Streets

New York, NY 10012

oldcathedral.org

Dinner following

Jun 14th 2014 new
Hi Linda, let us know when you are in town again and we can plan another meet and greet event :)
Posts 11 - 20 of 45