Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jun 14th 2014 new
(quote) Mary-25961 said: Hi Linda, let us know when you are in town again and we can plan another meet and greet event :)
I do come about twice a year because I do love NYC to visit. I am there Thursday until Sunday, but it is a reset my daughter-in-law's batteries. My son has PTSD and her walk is not easy.
Jun 15th 2014 new
Jackie dear, you know I'll be there in a heartbeat if I could make it work budget wise (you know, the airfare and other costs), I love my NY-NJ-PA sisters ... and brothers too, and I'll love to spend time, hugs, laughs, and good conversation with you all... and also meet new people from that part of the country (I'm still hoping to move/relocate to the Philly metro area, or at least within the eastern side, although it might be after retirement).
Jun 15th 2014 new
Jackie, adding to what Mary said, I just came across your meet up; I often check the EVENTS site but seldomly the MEET UP forum. As it happens I can't attend this Meet-Up (because I live in OH and the travel costs are too high now). Maybe for the next one...

Also & not wanting to hijack your post but really wanting to meet with you all, If any of you guys are going to the Catholic Retreat for Singles at the Malvern Retreat House (in Malvern, PA) on June 27-29, them we'll meet there!!
biggrin

Jun 16th 2014 new
Wow haven't been here in a bit but loving the interest and all are welcome!!
Jun 17th 2014 new
(quote) Linda-756196 said: Too bad for me. I am in town that weekend, but I have theater tickets with my daughter in law that night. :(
Which show? I saw ONCE during Memorial Day Weekend!! LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!!
Jun 17th 2014 new
Jacqueline ... I would have loved to attend this Saturday, however my church is having a special event that day. I would not be able to make it into the city in time :( Hoping for another gathering in the future! Btw ... Once is amazing and was happy to have seen it with original cast ;)
Jun 17th 2014 new
We are going to Wicked and to Jersey Boys. I really love theater. I don't get to go that often, but I am a reformed English teacher. :)
Jun 17th 2014 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Hear ye! Hear ye! I think it's high time the Tri State area is witness to another gathering of local CM members!!

WHEN: SATURDAY JUNE 21 2014

TIME: 5:30 MASS lets meet at 5:00 in front of the church

Vigil Mass at:

The Basillica of Saint Patricks Old Cathedral

263 Mulberry Street, Corner of Prince & Mott Streets

New York, NY 10012

http://oldcathedral.org/

followed by a Mexican dinner at:

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez

192 Mercer Street (Between W. Houston & Bleeker)

New York, NY 10012

(212) 473-7878

Feel free to invite your friends, non CM members welcomed! For more information please contact me. In order to make reservations please let me know if you are coming by Thursday, June 19, 2014.

Is this still on?
Jun 17th 2014 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Hear ye! Hear ye! I think it's high time the Tri State area is witness to another gathering of local CM members!!

WHEN: SATURDAY JUNE 21 2014

TIME: 5:30 MASS lets meet at 5:00 in front of the church

Vigil Mass at:

The Basillica of Saint Patricks Old Cathedral

263 Mulberry Street, Corner of Prince & Mott Streets

New York, NY 10012

http://oldcathedral.org/

followed by a Mexican dinner at:

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez

192 Mercer Street (Between W. Houston & Bleeker)

New York, NY 10012

(212) 473-7878

Feel free to invite your friends, non CM members welcomed! For more information please contact me. In order to make reservations please let me know if you are coming by Thursday, June 19, 2014.

wave Thank you Jackie for organizing this event. I will keep you posted if I can get some time away.

Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-875732 said: Is this still on?
Yes, it's still on, so come on down...thus far I have 10 confirmed!! I'm hoping to get our monthly gatherings going once again!! We used to attend mass and brunch or mass and dinner throughout NYC and a few times here in NJ, from there we had branched out to museum outings, GROUND ZERO and things of that nature.
Posts 21 - 30 of 45