Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 21st new
By the way, Lauren, thank you!
Jun 21st new
Hi Kimberlie, blending & juicing are both healthy. Juicing will enable you to consume more solid fruit & veg that needs breaking down. ie, apples, pears, parsnip, ginger. Blending only works on softer material fruit for smoothies.

It's good to start as a Detox/Cleanse but I feel it's an ongoing, lifestyle choice if you wanna reap long-term health benefits.

..............also a colonic hydretherapy will help detox and again is a good process for cleansing our bodies & re-hydrating.

Jun 21st new
Lauren! Watch the whole video please!

Juicing pumps the nutrients & vitamins from fruit and vegetables straight into our digestive systems at a faster rate and gives us more energy from it! Why? Because chewing and then digesting the food internally uses up energy. Pumping healthy, nutrient-rich living food straight into our bodies in a liquid form is a 'win-win', as the body uses up minimal energy on absorption and so there is a massive energy boost to the cells of the body.

Even the Gerson Diet, based out of San Diego, which is the ultimate healthy diet and has had success curing cancers recommends juicing!

See link - gerson.org

A lady by the name of Felicity Corbin Wheeler was healed from a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer in 2003, after being given 6 months to live, with this inexpensive, immune system building, detoxing, body-mind-spirit-environment program. This is based on the Genesis herb, vegetable, fruit, seed and green plant diet advocated in the first book of the Bible, Genesis 1:29 and 30 and again in the first chapter of the book of Daniel. The diet is now proven scientifically to heal all degenerative disease and is based mainly on JUICING!

See her story - www.felicitycorbinwheeler.org

Jun 21st new
Jim,

Start with an inexpensive Juicer. You can order them anywhere, incl. Amazon and need only pay $60. Here is a good, quick 6 minute guide.

www.juicemaster.com

Jun 21st new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Meg,
If you have a Vitamix, I make a "green smoothie" with either 8 oz water or coconut milk (you can use almond milk or rice milk too), about half a cup of berries, and a handful or two of kale. Spinich can be used too and it has a milder taste. The berries make the drink look like a berry smoothie and my kids will drink it if they don't see me put the greens in. I also like mango, spinach, and banana (I use only a half or less of the banana).

As for juices, my favorites were Carrot, Carrot/Apple/Celery, and Apple/Celery.

Have you heard of "Sassy Water?" I love drinking it in the summer. I keep one to two quarts of it in my fridge all summer long. I use organic ingredients. Slice up one lemon (rings not wedges), 1/3 to 1/2 a cucumber, 1/2 inch to 1 inch of ginger, and tear up a few mint leaves. Fill the pitcher with filtered water and place in the fridge over night. In the morning you will have the most refreshing water you have ever tasted. And it's great for cleansing. It's more refreshing to me than the ice tea that I drink all summer long. My kids even like it.
Kimberlie-

Do you just leave cucumber slices in the water to soak, similar to the lemon rings? Or are you juicing the cucumbers first, then adding it to the water?

Thanks..

Just saw a bit on youtube about the beneficial nutrients in cucumbers...it's incredible. Good thing I planted them this summer in my parent's garden. The juicing guru on youtube uses Japanese cucumbers though.

Sara
Jun 21st new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Lauren! Watch the whole video please!

Juicing pumps the nutrients & vitamins from fruit and vegetables straight into our digestive systems at a faster rate and gives us more energy from it! Why? Because chewing and then digesting the food internally uses up energy. Pumping healthy, nutrient-rich living food straight into our bodies in a liquid form is a 'win-win', as the body uses up minimal energy on absorption and so there is a massive energy boost to the cells of the body.

Even the Gerson Diet, based out of San Diego, which is the ultimate healthy diet and has had success curing cancers recommends juicing!

See link - http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

A lady by the name of Felicity Corbin Wheeler was healed from a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer in 2003, after being given 6 months to live, with this inexpensive, immune system building, detoxing, body-mind-spirit-environment program. This is based on the Genesis herb, vegetable, fruit, seed and green plant diet advocated in the first book of the Bible, Genesis 1:29 and 30 and again in the first chapter of the book of Daniel. The diet is now proven scientifically to heal all degenerative disease and is based mainly on JUICING!

See her story - http://www.felicitycorbinwheeler.org/

HI Mark,

I just can't buy it. I did for a short period of time, bought the juicer, bought and read the books. . . but it is not for me. And, to be honest, our ancestors were not juicing their food either, they were eating it raw and whole and cooked in many cases.

I admire those who can manage it, I just couldn't do it.
Jun 21st new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: HI Mark,

I just can't buy it. I did for a short period of time, bought the juicer, bought and read the books. . . but it is not for me. And, to be honest, our ancestors were not juicing their food either, they were eating it raw and whole and cooked in many cases.

I admire those who can manage it, I just couldn't do it.
While I am not against juicing, I think Lauren has a point here. Our ancestors were likely eating it raw, and getting the benefits of the fiber as well.
Jun 21st new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: While I am not against juicing, I think Lauren has a point here. Our ancestors were likely eating it raw, and getting the benefits of the fiber as well.
If I buy a juicer so the pulp is separated from the juice, I will likely figure out something to do with that...soup or something....carrot pulp or just finely chopped carrots are great in salsa. You don't know they are in there and they thicken it so it stays on a chip better.
Jun 21st new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: While I am not against juicing, I think Lauren has a point here. Our ancestors were likely eating it raw, and getting the benefits of the fiber as well.
The issue here, Jim, is that our ancestors didn't have processed & refined foods to block-up their digestive systems. So we need to embrace modern technology in the form of juicers & blenders to negate against our modern unhealthy diets to cleanse & detox us!

Eating raw is healthy but doesn't give us such a positive energy boost as flooding our systems with juicy nutrients without the need to expend energy chewing & digesting.
Jun 21st new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: Kimberlie-

Do you just leave cucumber slices in the water to soak, similar to the lemon rings? Or are you juicing the cucumbers first, then adding it to the water?

Thanks..

Just saw a bit on youtube about the beneficial nutrients in cucumbers...it's incredible. Good thing I planted them this summer in my parent's garden. The juicing guru on youtube uses Japanese cucumbers though.

Sara
Sarah,
Yes, I leave the cucumber slices in the water too. Pretty much everything stays in there over night. I don't peel them if they are organic, but sometimes I can only get non-organic at the grocery store, so I peel them. If you have your own source of cukes, that is great!
Posts 21 - 30 of 87