Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: If I buy a juicer so the pulp is separated from the juice, I will likely figure out something to do with that...soup or something....carrot pulp or just finely chopped carrots are great in salsa. You don't know they are in there and they thicken it so it stays on a chip better.
Meg,
Some people use the pulp as you would do, to thicken or make soup. Some also will use the pulp as the base of making crackers with it. You can google recipes as I have never personally tried it. Other than the soup, you can use the pulp for compost too.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Hi Kimberlie, blending & juicing are both healthy. Juicing will enable you to consume more solid fruit & veg that needs breaking down. ie, apples, pears, parsnip, ginger. Blending only works on softer material fruit for smoothies.

It's good to start as a Detox/Cleanse but I feel it's an ongoing, lifestyle choice if you wanna reap long-term health benefits.

..............also a colonic hydretherapy will help detox and again is a good process for cleansing our bodies & re-hydrating.

Mark,
Thank you. Yes, it does make sense with dense or firm fruits and veggies versus the blender. And although I have never stuck it out more than a few days, I hear that juicing for 10 days is a good way to reset your eating habits to adopt healthier eating.

So more questions: if you are going to juice as a lifestyle, do you just have a glass each morning or is it something where you replace your meals with juices/blended drinks?

Thank you for posting this topic!
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: The issue here, Jim, is that our ancestors didn't have processed & refined foods to block-up their digestive systems. So we need to embrace modern technology in the form of juicers & blenders to negate against our modern unhealthy diets to cleanse & detox us!

Eating raw is healthy but doesn't give us such a positive energy boost as flooding our systems with juicy nutrients without the need to expend energy chewing & digesting.
Interesting that our ancestors had considerably shorter life-spans.... eating supposedly better food. scratchchin

Ed

Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: While I am not against juicing, I think Lauren has a point here. Our ancestors were likely eating it raw, and getting the benefits of the fiber as well.
Jim,
I think one of the reasons people advocate juicing/blending fruits and veggies is that our soil has been so depleted of good nutrients, the sheer volume of food needed to be consumed today if you eat it raw/whole, would be really hard for someone to achieve on a daily basis. Most of us will make a spinach salad with 2 cups of spinach and other toppings. To really get the nutrients that are beneficial from spinach in the quantities we need, we'd have to consume a pound or more of spinach a day and that is even with organic.

I am no expert but I have been reading more about healthier living.
Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: HI Mark,

I just can't buy it. I did for a short period of time, bought the juicer, bought and read the books. . . but it is not for me. And, to be honest, our ancestors were not juicing their food either, they were eating it raw and whole and cooked in many cases.

I admire those who can manage it, I just couldn't do it.
I make juice from time to time.... But it seems to be that if God had intended for all of our fruits and vegetables to be sucked through a straw, there would be little bottles of liquid juice hanging from fruit trees, little bottles of juice hanging from my tomato plants, etc. scratchchin

Maybe I should invent that. Nobody steal my idea !

Ed

Jun 21st 2014 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Anyone seen this? It's awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CWkdvRo4Ek

Oh rats. It is no longer available. I finally have some time tonight and it's gone. I guess I can watch various clips of Jason Vale to get the idea.
Jun 21st 2014 new
I began juicing several years ago and love it.
Jun 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Hi Kimberlie, blending & juicing are both healthy. Juicing will enable you to consume more solid fruit & veg that needs breaking down. ie, apples, pears, parsnip, ginger. Blending only works on softer material fruit for smoothies.

It's good to start as a Detox/Cleanse but I feel it's an ongoing, lifestyle choice if you wanna reap long-term health benefits.

..............also a colonic hydretherapy will help detox and again is a good process for cleansing our bodies & re-hydrating.

Mark how are you ??? I recently watched a show on a newer way to get the most from vegetables and fruits. I wonder if it is any good??? Have you ever heard of this? The show is on a thumbnail art the top of the page. www.nutribullet.com
Jun 22nd 2014 new
Hi Kimberlie, you can rent it from the Juicemasters website for about $2.

www.juicemaster.com

Jun 22nd 2014 new
I really like to juice pineapple, kale and cucumber. I also enjoy a ginger rabbit. It's carrot with a bit of apple and fresh ginger root. I like to get creative with other combinations of sweet cherries, mango and pear. Try banana with fresh cocoa and almond or coconut milk if you have a chocolate craving.

Lemon, lime, cinnamon or ginger will naturally sweeten vegetable juices. I like to add a teaspoon of flax seed. It dissolves easily and has a subtle nutty flavor.

There are several juice bars in my area. It is costly, which is why I began juicing at home.

Posts 31 - 40 of 87