Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 22nd new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Hi Kimberlie, you can rent it from the Juicemasters website for about $2.

http://www.juicemaster.com/juice-programmes/super-juice-me/super-juice-me-rent.html

Thanks for the site!
Jun 22nd new
(quote) Thomas-699657 said: Mark how are you ??? I recently watched a show on a newer way to get the most from vegetables and fruits. I wonder if it is any good??? Have you ever heard of this? The show is on a thumbnail art the top of the page. https://www.nutribullet.com/
Thomas, nice to hear from you, Sir!

This is awesome! I never heard of this before. It is the best! I tried to place an order online but it looks like they don't ship to Europe! Dang!

Just another reason I must get over to the States this summer!

Thanks so much for posting this.....
Jun 22nd new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: I really like to juice pineapple, kale and cucumber. I also enjoy a ginger rabbit. It's carrot with a bit of apple and fresh ginger root. I like to get creative with other combinations of sweet cherries, mango and pear. Try banana with fresh cocoa and almond or coconut milk if you have a chocolate craving.

Lemon, lime, cinnamon or ginger will naturally sweeten vegetable juices. I like to add a teaspoon of flax seed. It dissolves easily and has a subtle nutty flavor.

There are several juice bars in my area. It is costly, which is why I began juicing at home.

That's really cool, Nicole. Thanks for posting. I'll try adding the Flax seed also. I hear almonds are good too!
Jun 22nd new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Mark,
Thank you. Yes, it does make sense with dense or firm fruits and veggies versus the blender. And although I have never stuck it out more than a few days, I hear that juicing for 10 days is a good way to reset your eating habits to adopt healthier eating.

So more questions: if you are going to juice as a lifestyle, do you just have a glass each morning or is it something where you replace your meals with juices/blended drinks?

Thank you for posting this topic!
Kimberlie,

Joe Cross, (in Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, - still available free on You Tube) goes 60 days on Juicing alone. He loses 83 lbs. Unbelievable! This is a little extreme!

Most folks detox for 5 - 10 days Juicing alone every 3 months. (if you're brave enough follow up with a Colonic) After that, juice maybe morning and night (so twice a day). Eat organic wherever possible and stay off meat & dairy. They recommend we should be eating more micro-nutrient rich whole foods & LEAFY GREENS with soups in Winter & salads in Summer. You could aim to get to 2 meals a day healthy breakfast & evening meal and maybe have a juice for lunch! Or start & finish the day with a juice & have either soup or salad for lunch. Maybe choose whichever suits you and your routine the best. Hope that helps!

I'm not an expert either but I strongly recommend Thomas's Nutri-Bullet - that looks awesome! As they say even just one of those each morning will reap big health improvements. I guess we do as much as we can.

Remember, 70% of disease is due to OUR own lifestyle choices & only 30% genetic. We have the power to determine our own health & life expectancy.

Jun 22nd new
Mangos are lower on the list of fruits with pesticides (probably due to the peel) and they're great in an Indian drink called a mango lassi. Blend mango chunks (can be found frozen at Trader Joes), milk, and plain yogurt together. It's very refreshing in summertime.
Jun 22nd new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: Mangos are lower on the list of fruits with pesticides (probably due to the peel) and they're great in an Indian drink called a mango lassi. Blend mango chunks (can be found frozen at Trader Joes), milk, and plain yogurt together. It's very refreshing in summertime.
Sounds very nice, Sara. thumbsup
Jun 22nd new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: That's really cool, Nicole. Thanks for posting. I'll try adding the Flax seed also. I hear almonds are good too!
A pinch of cayenne pepper will also kickstart your day!
Jun 22nd new
I just made one with what I had available: cored apple, cilantro, carrot, kale and water in the Vita Mix. It was actually tasty which surprised me because this combination.. Blinded by love .Next time I want to throw in some tomatoes and have V-8 taste. faint
Jun 25th new
My favorite to make for an energy boost in the winter is apple, beet, celery, and ginger. Yum!
Jun 25th new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Thomas, nice to hear from you, Sir!

This is awesome! I never heard of this before. It is the best! I tried to place an order online but it looks like they don't ship to Europe! Dang!

Just another reason I must get over to the States this summer!

Thanks so much for posting this.....
Mark,
One of my friends bought the nutribullet and found it didn't work as welll as the commercial said. She returned it. Another friend on the other hand, loves hers. Does anyone know where I can buy a VItaMix at a discount price?
Posts 41 - 50 of 87