Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 28th new
(quote) Lourdes-984540 said: I started juicing after I saw another documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I myself learned the hard way that food can make us sick or cure us of ills. As I don't care to eat raw greens, these are what I juice most. I even got my parents drinking greens juice which, if you knew my Dad, you'd know what a coup that was.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

What's your favorite juice? Mine is pineapple with spinach+kale.

I'm not into juicing, but like eating raw vegetables with a cold beer as a pre-dinner appetizer smile
Jun 28th new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Interesting that our ancestors had considerably shorter life-spans.... eating supposedly better food.

Ed

Some of our ancestors lived very long lives...my grandmother lived to 93 without taking cholesteral medicine. I know that she made her own (gluten?) bread at 85 years old when I was living with her when I was 18.
I don't think that they died of cancer like they're doing now...I know that dental care was not as good 50 years ago. I had a couple of single friends in the Cincinnati area that died from cancer in there 50's within the last 5 years...a better diet may have helped but I think it may have been the toxic environment.
Jun 28th new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: Some of our ancestors lived very long lives...my grandmother lived to 93 without taking cholesteral medicine. I know that she made her own (gluten?) bread at 85 years old when I was living with her when I was 18.
I don't think that they died of cancer like they're doing now...I know that dental care was not as good 50 years ago. I had a couple of single friends in the Cincinnati area that died from cancer in there 50's within the last 5 years...a better diet may have helped but I think it may have been the toxic environment.
Our processed foods are not helpful, I would assume.
Jun 28th new
(quote) Ronald-937125 said: Some of our ancestors lived very long lives...my grandmother lived to 93 without taking cholesteral medicine. I know that she made her own (gluten?) bread at 85 years old when I was living with her when I was 18.
Yes, I think that is a good point. Modern food is often toxic, genetically modified, smothered in preservatives, colorants, pesticides and devoid of nutrients. They certainly used to eat a lot better before the introduction of fast food.
Jun 28th new

Thanks for the topic.

Greek yogurt(for the probiotic) & fruit smoothies are good.

Dr. Oz program covered need for organic & listed some that do not need to be organic. Things like Kale since it all is vunerable to the chemical needs to be organic. While cabbage can be non organic. remove outer leaves. strawberrys organic pineaple non. sweet potato non. other potato organic. etc.

I also have a grain grinder which is underused.

Jun 28th new
(quote) Mark-642218 said: Yes, I think that is a good point. Modern food is often toxic, genetically modified, smothered in preservatives, colorants, pesticides and devoid of nutrients. They certainly used to eat a lot better before the introduction of fast food.
I agree that a lot of food is toxic...probably even food that is served in hospitals to sick patients.
The 3 people that I know that died of cancer in there early 50's were in good health when I left Cincinnati. I think a good diet will help to increase the life span but it doesn't mean a lot for people dying at a young age of a disease probably not related to diet. For example, one was a Catholic single lady who had a annulment and I think her previous husband was toxic to her since she made it known that he was cheating on her for years when they were married. Toxic relationships may be as bad as eating something with toxins in it since both can produce stress and inflammation in the body. I think that she developed some type of cancer in her mouth; I know that she was a non-smoker and a woman that was physically active....she was an avid roller-blader.
Jun 28th new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: Hi I just sat down to read the forums with my Nutri-Blast! Kale, carrots, celery, walnuts and watermelon with chipped ice to make it really cold:) Yummy!! and saw this post. Love the conversation and everyone's input. I do both, juice and blend. However, I get lazy cleaning the juicer so I just throw everything into the Nutribullet. I love it. In the morning I throw in my oatmeal, flax seeds, my vitamins, egg whites, fresh ginger, and what ever fruit I have on hand. All organic. Kick starts my day:) Evenings I do my vegi's , fruits and nuts.
Laura,
Reading this reminded me that this morning I made my juice then ran out of the house with the kids for a busy day and I forgot to clean out my juicer. tongue Now I have to get out of my comfortable chair and go into the kitchen to clean it or it will surely be disgusting by tomorrow morning.
Jun 28th new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Laura,
Reading this reminded me that this morning I made my juice then ran out of the house with the kids for a busy day and I forgot to clean out my juicer. Now I have to get out of my comfortable chair and go into the kitchen to clean it or it will surely be disgusting by tomorrow morning.
Well it will have extra 'vegetables' growing in it.... rolling eyes
Jun 28th new
(quote) Laura-56149 said:

Good memories!!

a lot of women who worked out with Jack got hurt right in their own living rooms. My mom's dr told her that he got more business when these mom's would come in injured after working out with him.
does anyone remember the Aids (probably not the correct spelling) weight loss candies? my mom kept those in the frig. I'd sneak one or two everyday as a kid. they tasted really good. LOL years later I told her that I used to do that.. she came back with no wonder my box was always almost empty!
I'm so glad to hear a lot of people like their nutribullets. I'm leaning toward the reconditioned vitamix now though. my Ninja blender has a hard time with frozen fruit. the motor almost quit once from using that.

Jun 29th new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: a lot of women who worked out with Jack got hurt right in their own living rooms. My mom's dr told her that he got more business when these mom's would come in injured after working out with him.
does anyone remember the Aids (probably not the correct spelling) weight loss candies? my mom kept those in the frig. I'd sneak one or two everyday as a kid. they tasted really good. LOL years later I told her that I used to do that.. she came back with no wonder my box was always almost empty!
I'm so glad to hear a lot of people like their nutribullets. I'm leaning toward the reconditioned vitamix now though. my Ninja blender has a hard time with frozen fruit. the motor almost quit once from using that.

You can also get a brand new, but returned (and inspected) Vitamix for less than a new but a little more than a refurbished.
I figured out, with cust. svs's help, that my unit is fine. The wet ingredient pitcher is worn out...that is the metal connection on the bottom. It is not accurately rotating with the machine. To save money I thought I would try making smoothies or juices in the dry pitcher. It is working so I am going to use that for awhile...

Posts 71 - 80 of 87