Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jun 28th new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: When I was about 4 my mom was in the hospital and my grandma came out to California from Iowa to look after me. She wanted to see "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World," so my dad got tickets and they took me along. I loved it, even though I didn't fully understand it.
That might have been mine. Or With Six You Get Eggroll. Or Sound of Music. I do recall that it was in Newark in a neighborhood which is presently non-existent for all intents and purposes. My first movie "by myself" i.e with my friends or brothers was "Five Million Years to Earth"
Jun 28th new
Thanks for all the replies thus far!!! I've enjoyed reading all of them, took notes on some movies mentioned that I haven't seen and look forward to viewing more responses!!! Keep them coming!!!
Jun 28th new
First one I remember that we kids attended without our parents was either Earthquake '75 or Airport '75.
And they were not rated G either!
Jun 28th new
Parent trap with Hayley Mills
Jun 28th new
I didn't go to the movies much but my father did take my brothers, sister and I to sed "Swiss Family Robinson" I was about 7 yrs old. Since then I wanted to live in a tree house away in a forest wink
Jun 28th new
Not sure but the first one I remember was Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand. My aunt took my sister and I to see it when we were 10 or 11. I don't remember much about the movie but I'll always remember how special it felt for our aunt to take us.
Jun 28th new
(quote) Kathy-514910 said: Not sure but the first one I remember was Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand. My aunt took my sister and I to see it when we were 10 or 11. I don't remember much about the movie but I'll always remember how special it felt for our aunt to take us.
The three of you saw Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand? Who got to sit next to her?
Jun 28th new
(quote) Kathy-514910 said: Not sure but the first one I remember was Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand. My aunt took my sister and I to see it when we were 10 or 11. I don't remember much about the movie but I'll always remember how special it felt for our aunt to take us.
The three of you saw Funny Girl with Barbara Streisand? Who got to sit next to her?
Jun 28th new
A re release of Snow White. I thought the sparkling gems the & Dwarfs were mining were the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I remembered every word of the Hi Ho working song from that moment on.
Jun 29th new
i think for me it was E.T. or karate kid can't vividly recall laughing
Posts 11 - 20 of 44