Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Jun 29th 2014 new
A double feature of The Jungle Book and Herbie the Love Bug
Jun 29th 2014 new
(quote) Lora-1060287 said: Were you one of the "little rascal kids?"
Well, I was pretty excited!! laughing
Jun 29th 2014 new
As far as I can remember, my parents brought me to watch Sleeping Beauty at the Folk Arts Theater. I don't think I enjoyed it because I got scared of the Evil Queen and cried!!! laughing

The 1st movie I remember watching in a real moviehouse was Voltes V: The Movie (from the Japanese anime television series. This one I enjoyed very much!!! biggrin

www.youtube.com
Jun 29th 2014 new
I just remembered that sometime in the late 70s I went with my family to a drive-in, and it was a Pink Panther double feature. I could not tell you whether it was before or after Star Wars.

I think it is probable that I saw at least one Disney animated movie before Star Wars. Can't tell you which ones and when, though.

Last time I went to a drive-in movie was in 2002...The movies were Spider-Man and The Sum of All Fears. Hmm, idea for a new thread ....
Jun 29th 2014 new
I started going to the movies with my mother when I was very young. I believe my two earliest movies that I saw were Ben-Hur and Sleeping Beauty. I think I was a few years older when I saw The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Ben-Hur is a movie that I can't pull away from if I happen upon it while channel surfing. It doesn't matter how far the movie has gotten, I will sit and watch it again.

I remember that I was about 9 years old when I saw The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. My ponytail was hanging over the back to the theater seat (for comfort), and when the movie was over, two teenagers behind us commented on my ponytail. I broke into tears when I looked at them, because I had been trying so hard to control my emotions over the movie and I couldn't hold them in when I had to respond to the girls! Not the reaction they were expecting, I'm sure rolling eyes
Jun 29th 2014 new

Walt Disney's "Snow White" - my great Aunt Mame took me and my sister.

Jul 3rd 2014 new
(quote) John-34848 said:

Ben-Hur

Yup, Ben-Hur for me, too.
Jul 3rd 2014 new
The first movie I can remember seeing in the movie theater was "Around the World in 80 Days". I couldn't have been more than 3/4 years old.
Jul 4th 2014 new
The Sound of Music......in the Largo Theatre....with my whole family
Jul 4th 2014 new
Posts 21 - 30 of 44