Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 15th new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: Thank you. Who are we to judge.
I don't think the intention here is to judge, but rather to help people understand the errors that may well (per Scripture and the teachings of the Church) keep one from eternal salvation.

Jul 15th new

As Paul says, the physical evidence of seeing Jesus in the flesh before and after his death was all one would have needed to believe in him. But God has decided not to provide that privilege to the overwhelming majority of human beings who have ever lived, up to now anyway, and Jesus has proactively justified that decision by saying that those who have not seen yet believe are blessed.

How is one to believe without having seen except through the educative processes of the institution that Jesus left behind? How is Tom Cruise to believe in Scientology except by choosing to accept the educative processes of the Church of Scientology? How is John Travolta to believe in Scientology except by choosing to accept the educative processes of the Church of Scientology in preferment to the educative processes of the Church into which he was baptised? When it comes to knowing what is right or wrong in the world of spirit, we can only know what the spiritual institution to which we belong knows because the option for us ourselves and individually to test for material truth in a material world, the realm of science, provides no answers. The material world provides no conclusive evidence for the existence of the spiritual world.

The determination that a theology is archaic is a spiritual determination. The testing facilities of the material world can only provide ground for inferences, but 'spiritual eyes' are needed to assess the value of those inferences. Who has these 'spiritual eyes'? How can you tell a human being who has the spiritual eyes that can determine a spiritual question from a human being who does not have this faculty, human beings looking and sounding much the same but for superficial differences of features and language? By official lineage.

Do you know who you are? You might think so but who you are really depends on who your ancestors are, and this means being able to trace the links between you and them. Only then can you know whether you're Irish, German, Moldavian, Native American, African American or whatever. If you're a Marine, who is your Commander-in-Chief? What is the evidence for what you think you know? if your great-grandfather was a Marine, who was his Commander-in-Chief? What's the evidence for that? Why was it deemed prudent for Mr Obama to take his first oath of office twice?

The lineage of the popes and the institutions in communion with that line of men, and the things that they hold true, are all that we can hold to because there is no evidence of anything else that descended in an orderly fashion from the handful of followers who saw Jesus in the flesh before and after his death.

Jul 16th new
(quote) Roystan-340472 said:

As Paul says, the physical evidence of seeing Jesus in the flesh before and after his death was all one would have needed to believe in him. But God has decided not to provide that privilege to the overwhelming majority of human beings who have ever lived, up to now anyway, and Jesus has proactively justified that decision by saying that those who have not seen yet believe are blessed

Do you know who you are? You might think so but who you are really depends on who your ancestors are, and this means being able to trace the links between you and them. Only then can you know whether you're Irish, German, Moldavian, Native American, African American or whatever. If you're a Marine, who is your Commander-in-Chief? What is the evidence for what you think you know? if your great-grandfather was a Marine, who was his Commander-in-Chief? What's the evidence for that? Why was it deemed prudent for Mr Obama to take his first oath of office twice?

The lineage of the popes and the institutions in communion with that line of men, and the things that they hold true, are all that we can hold to because there is no evidence of anything else that descended in an orderly fashion from the handful of followers who saw Jesus in the flesh before and after his death.

you do have stated a good point ... but may I add/ask what if one only knows the lineage/trace from the previous generations to the beginning of creations then what say you about the broken linkage not avail ...... the rest is hearsay or doubts as in unavailable or can illuminate of said data/heirloom of said ancestors ...... maybe there is reason for said undocumented ancestors ...... would it really matter a bit ... or would it be better to speak of highly of oneself as more important for that is the true purpose of existence ..... or could one assist in building one's image by being in each other present as a new union/unite regardless in the point of tracing evidence of wordly ethnicity .........

if I may add to your beautiful written statement, but please note that I cannot speak for anyone or God or Blessed Mother or the overwhelming majority as you stated, nor do I have the educational/intellect background .... what if God provided the greatest privilege to the overwhelming majority by being in God's present and Blessed Mother in and receiving that which is greatest gift of Divine Love +++ the Eucharist and Adoration ==>> Truly Presence which means we are really very close than we could ever imagine, being that we are on earth, to share and touch sharing that Divine Love, proactively justified as you have so beautiful stated ....... rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Jul 16th new
(quote) Richard-831657 said:
But I don't believe that "believe it all or you're not a Catholic" represents a majority opinion with Catholics overall, or with the majority of the church hierarchy. Certainly Francis has taken a pretty open tone, so I cannot imagine him taking that position. I am one of the people who likes Francis, partly because he does not seem to be taking a hard line.

Richard
(Josephine's response)
I've never liked that saying. IMHO, it's only for God to decide who is Catholic and who is not.
------------
Josephine or Richard, would you consider dating someone on CM if they were a 0/7 but said that they were Catholic? If not, why not?

Jul 16th new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: I've never liked that saying. IMHO, it's only for God to decide who is Catholic and who is not.
just curious would I be out of place to ask as long as the answer might not be censored/lock ===>> how does one know/how that God decided who is Catholic and who is not!!! Praying theheart rose rose rose
Posts 51 - 55 of 55