Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 2nd new
I'm not sure that the need to feel loved can or should be curbed so much as postponed. There are times that only true physical exhaustion overrides my desire to be held. Other times, when it's really the emotional need to share life's decision making (why can't I have a husband who knows whether to sink more money into car repairs or start shopping for a new vehicle?) I can fall back on God. He promised to never leave me nor forsake me -- and He knows everything! When I don't know what to do, He'll show me. When I start to worry about finances, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. When I feel unloved, He wraps me up in His everlasting arms.

Jul 2nd new
I say a Memorare first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up for purity of heart and ability of practice self discipline so that I can resist temptations. When I'm going through a particularly difficult time, I try to stay busy and to get out of the house to spend time with friends. For me, at least, it eases the longing for a physical connection if I'm connecting with other people through a variety of less intimate activities.
Jul 2nd new
(quote) Vonnie-1082837 said: Just curious.
There's one week period each month that is especially difficult for me.
One word: Prayer.

Jul 2nd new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: um, how about rearranging the furniture. that will get you so plum tired you won't want to think of anything else.
ARE YOU NUTS? "I'm tired. I think I'll go to BED." ;roll: laughing

Jul 2nd new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: ARE YOU NUTS? "I'm tired. I think I'll go to BED." ;roll:
no comment lolOLOLOLOLOLOL
btw, I don't rearrange my furniture anymore. on to plan B hug

Jul 2nd new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: no comment lolOLOLOLOLOLOL
btw, I don't rearrange my furniture anymore. on to plan B

One friend said three or more cold showers per day does the trick.
Jul 2nd new
watching Mass on TV then praying helps too...
Jul 2nd new
Not sure about going to the beach though. Seeing other people in swimsuits could make your eyes lust and your temptaions worse.
Jul 2nd new
I breathe in and I breathe out...and then I breathe in and I breathe out... angel
Jul 2nd new
Try reading the bible slowly and prayerfully. Hope that works. God bless
Posts 11 - 20 of 92