Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 5th 2014 new
No matter to me at all, I do wonder when some lady is 5'2'' wants at least a 6' man, and I have seen that posted a lot.
Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Yes, Paul, there are studies that indicate that height - along with weight and attractiveness - are factors in dating and mating. Along with the message that life is unfair. You didn't know that the studies were skewed and are promulgated by drug companies to sell growth hormones, weight loss products, and health/beauty aids?


you hit the nail on the head
I was supposed to be a towering 6 ft woman or above so my parents sent me to the endocrinologist at age 12 to determine if my height could be changed. My mom wanted me to be 5'8" so that is the height I am today.
I dated a guy who was a few inches shorter than myself. I hardly noticed that. Normally though I prefer a man my same height or taller.

Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Be proud your small environmental imprint, Nessa. Don't you know that Short is the new "Green"?

With envy? wave
Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

You made out very well on the normal curve when it comes to the distribution of intelligence. Albeit you would have preferred height as well. Would you be still be willing to take the pill if it decreased your level of intellectual functioning?

No, because I think I haven't much to spare. laughing
Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-24315 said: No matter to me at all, I do wonder when some lady is 5'2'' wants at least a 6' man, and I have seen that posted a lot.
Height is very attractive, even to shorties like me. I've never rejected someone because of their height and most of the guys I've dated in real life have been only a few inches taller than me, but the most attractive guy I know is six feet tall and has a very handsome face. Sorry, guys, whoever said women arent visual was mistaken. We are visual. We just look for different things. And, in real life anyway, a short guy who's kind, intelligent, and funny is way more attractive than a guy who merely has height to offer. So it does matter to a lot of women, but there are women who put it very low on their list of desirable attributes, especially, I think, women who are short themselves.
Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Be proud your small environmental imprint, Nessa. Don't you know that Short is the new "Green"?

hehehehe...i love it!!!:)
Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: With envy?
Really, Paul, other than boosted self-confidence, how would six inches of height change your life? That's comparable to a woman having the fantasy that her life would be better if she were thinner.
Jul 5th 2014 new
(quote) Jean-504066 said: Height is very attractive, even to shorties like me. I've never rejected someone because of their height and most of the guys I've dated in real life have been only a few inches taller than me, but the most attractive guy I know is six feet tall and has a very handsome face. Sorry, guys, whoever said women arent visual was mistaken. We are visual. We just look for different things. And, in real life anyway, a short guy who's kind, intelligent, and funny is way more attractive than a guy who merely has height to offer. So it does matter to a lot of women, but there are women who put it very low on their list of desirable attributes, especially, I think, women who are short themselves.
I also think height is attractive. I notice that tall women often specify that they want someone at least six feet, and I am two inches short of six feet. I think that I would be comfortable with a lady a few inches taller than I, although perhaps high heels might make the difference too great. I remember years ago walking past a couple of college women's basketball centers, and realizing that was too tall for me; they were with very tall men, no surprise. However, I was married for 33 years to someone 5 foot 1 inch tall, so height is not all that important.

I would note that Abe Lincoln, who was very tall, wore a tall top hat, so would have been a very imposing person, towering over everyone in the room. But he was a politician, so it was to his benefit to stand out.

Jul 5th 2014 new
I definitely think woman are visual but in a different way then men. We definitely like looks but once our heart kicks in and we see other qualities we say move on or we become involved. For most men it's a little different attraction is a key component.
Jul 5th 2014 new
I don't know if they plan it that way,it just happens. I think we are open to God chemistry is all part of His plan. If we go according to the world's standards we limit ourselves. With God all things are possible!
Posts 21 - 30 of 160