Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 5th new
wave Welcome to the forum Patrick and Jason!
Congratulations on writing your 1st post Patrick!

I'm 5'8 so I am tall. I don't think height makes a big difference. I'm looking for a good family man, a best friend, someone to attend mass with and pray. I think all these qualities are important vs height. A woman in my parish is a couple inches taller than her husband and I think they are such a cute couple.
Jul 5th new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Paul,

You make the purchase of a good pair of elevator shoes sound like a worthy investment.
http://tinyurl.com/oxms5zh

http://tinyurl.com/nsufew4

http://tinyurl.com/m697mhv

Now, since I'm 6'4", I won't be buying them. Instead, in an effort lift spirits, I will point out a few things that the "not-quite-so-tall" don't have to be concerned about:

> Airline seats are much, much more comfortable for the less-tall. I have negative legroom in nearly all airline seats. It is impossible for the person in front of me to recline.... Very uncomfortable for me too.

> Jeans (plain old Levi's) are very difficult to find in any store. If I find a pair, I usually buy them.

> Can't buy hemmed dress slacks in a store. I almost always but un-hemmed shacks and have them hemmed by an in-house tailor.

> The ONLY stores that I can walk into and buy slacks or long sleeve dress shirts or long-sleeved T-shirts off the rack are Nordstrom and Eddie Bauer.... That's it... Not even Macy's. Big and tall stores don't count because their clothes tend to be more on the ugly and out-of-style side of fashion. Mail order from "Land's End" or "Eddie Bauer" is my next good choice.

> On rainy days, pedestrians put their umbrellas right at eye-poking-out level. It can be dangerous out there.

> Most vehicle seats are not built for someone 6'4". Discrimination!

> Tables are too low and the backs of most chairs aren't tall enough. Oh the humanity! I look forward to see my chiropractor every so often so he can get the kinks out of my back, neck and shoulders. If only chairs and table were build for tall people, then life would be much better... but then the short people would complain that their feet don't touch the floor when sitting.

> I recall walking into a movie theater a few years ago. As I passed a couple sitting to the left of me, the woman whispered.... "Gosh, I hope he doesn't sit in front of me!" Now if I was paranoid, I might think that she said it just loud enough so that I could hear her.

Feel better yet?

Ed

I couldn't agree more, since I have the same problem.

Things I would like to add to the list.

There are a lot of houses made only for those that weren't so tall. The first house I looked at I bumped my head on the ceiling coming down the stairs and I have always have to look out for the low hanging chandeliers.

Recently I was in a roller coaster, and I was severely hunched over from the harness that had to come over my shoulders, plus I couldn't brace myself since my legs were too long to stretch out in front of me.

Jul 6th new
The danger with self-deprecating humor, especially online, is that some people will assume you're really feeling bad about yourself when you're not. I don't spend time stewing over the fact that I'm not tall, I just don't see any point in denying that it's a defect. As it happens St. Paul had the same defect. Originally "Saul", he was nicknamed "Paul" which was Roman slang equivalent to our ""Shorty", "Runt", "Half-Pint", etc.Clearly it didn't hold him back.
Jul 6th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: The danger with self-deprecating humor, especially online, is that some people will assume you're really feeling bad about yourself when you're not. I don't spend time stewing over the fact that I'm not tall, I just don't see any point in denying that it's a defect. As it happens St. Paul had the same defect. Originally "Saul", he was nicknamed "Paul" which was Roman slang equivalent to our ""Shorty", "Runt", "Half-Pint", etc.Clearly it didn't hold him back.
I don't think shortness is a defect. Short men tend to live longer than tall men. It's good for your health. And those of us who hate dating would do well to marry short. :)

Jul 6th new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Paul,

You make the purchase of a good pair of elevator shoes sound like a worthy investment.
http://tinyurl.com/oxms5zh

http://tinyurl.com/nsufew4

http://tinyurl.com/m697mhv

Now, since I'm 6'4", I won't be buying them. Instead, in an effort lift spirits, I will point out a few things that the "not-quite-so-tall" don't have to be concerned about:

> Airline seats are much, much more comfortable for the less-tall. I have negative legroom in nearly all airline seats. It is impossible for the person in front of me to recline.... Very uncomfortable for me too.

> Jeans (plain old Levi's) are very difficult to find in any store. If I find a pair, I usually buy them.

> Can't buy hemmed dress slacks in a store. I almost always but un-hemmed shacks and have them hemmed by an in-house tailor.

> The ONLY stores that I can walk into and buy slacks or long sleeve dress shirts or long-sleeved T-shirts off the rack are Nordstrom and Eddie Bauer.... That's it... Not even Macy's. Big and tall stores don't count because their clothes tend to be more on the ugly and out-of-style side of fashion. Mail order from "Land's End" or "Eddie Bauer" is my next good choice.

> On rainy days, pedestrians put their umbrellas right at eye-poking-out level. It can be dangerous out there.

> Most vehicle seats are not built for someone 6'4". Discrimination!

> Tables are too low and the backs of most chairs aren't tall enough. Oh the humanity! I look forward to see my chiropractor every so often so he can get the kinks out of my back, neck and shoulders. If only chairs and table were build for tall people, then life would be much better... but then the short people would complain that their feet don't touch the floor when sitting.

> I recall walking into a movie theater a few years ago. As I passed a couple sitting to the left of me, the woman whispered.... "Gosh, I hope he doesn't sit in front of me!" Now if I was paranoid, I might think that she said it just loud enough so that I could hear her.

Feel better yet?

Ed

Hi Ed,

You forgot the " How's the weather up there ? " opening lines.....
Jul 6th new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

Hi Linda!

Sometimes there are situations where I have to describe a person's appearance asking "Have you seen so-and-so..." ...and then begin to describe the person. Often times I want to use the word tall in the description and I catch myself before I do because nearly everyone is tall for me

Hey Bridget, wave

I completely understand this! wink laughing embarassed
Jul 6th new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: You forgot the " How's the weather up there ? " opening lines.....
Bottom-line test is, how many of these complaining tall men would agree to be transformed into short men if given the opportunity? I rest my case...
Jul 6th new
I applaud you for asking such a question. For me personally height does matter, to an extent. I am only 5'2" and I do not want to date someone my height. Most men I've dated are 5'11" or taller. The shortest man I ever dated was 5'7" but for me, I would not want to date someone under 5'7" of course with that statement i may very well be ruling out my future husband - lol
Jul 6th new
At my height It's hard to not say, "She looked up to me." Then again she can always say, "He looked down on me!" biggrin
Jul 6th new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

Hi Linda!

Sometimes there are situations where I have to describe a person's appearance asking "Have you seen so-and-so..." ...and then begin to describe the person. Often times I want to use the word tall in the description and I catch myself before I do because nearly everyone is tall for me

Do your dates usually start from a police lineup? duck laughing
Posts 41 - 50 of 162