Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 8th 2014 new
I was at St. Anthony's hospital getting my appendix removed. . .not a fun time lol
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: I was at St. Anthony's hospital getting my appendix removed. . .not a fun time lol
You mean you really wish you'd kept it?
Jul 8th 2014 new
United States Flag I was a girl scout in the Fourth of July parade.
Jul 9th 2014 new
Remember the Freedom Train? www.freedomtrain.org
It looks like the train was in my town in 1975, but it was in the spirit of July 4, 1776. :)

Jul 9th 2014 new
If you can remember the party. You probably weren't there.
Jul 13th 2014 new
I was only 6 years old. I don't remember the year let alone the day tongue
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Rhonda-45054 said: I was only 6 years old. I don't remember the year let alone the day
Kids! raspberry

Jul 13th 2014 new
I was at home in Chicago, unemployed after being caught up in rolling mass layoff (that lasted at least 6 months by the time it got to me. If you got to 4:15 on Friday, you were coming back on Monday). I was watching 200 Elvis impersonators on TV.
Jul 13th 2014 new
I was sitting about half way up the steps of the Lincoln Memorial waiting for the Fireworks to start on the Mall in D.C. We were crammed in like sardines waiting for night to fall and a National Park policeman got us all started singing patriotic songs while he stood at the foot of the steps conducting! It was one of those marvelous memories you know in the moment that you will hold onto for your whole life.
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I'm talking about July 4, 1976. What do you remember? Where were you, and with whom?

I was in Paris, France, with two of my sisters.

Took my wife and kids to the National Mall in DC for the fireworks. Ran into my high school coach and his family. When it was over, the busses had stopped running so we and hundreds of others had no way to get out of the city. The police finally had to commandeer the busses and force them to transport people where they needed to go. Fortunately it was a balmy, pleasant evening.
Posts 21 - 30 of 49