Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Kids!

Nine years away from being born almost to the day. Mom and Dad had not met yet.
Jul 13th 2014 new
Peter wrote: "The police finally had to commandeer the busses and force them to transport people where they needed to go."

Oh, that's funny! I knew the busses weren't running because we all seemed to be walking en mass after the fireworks ended. But I didn't know the police finally put some back on line!

Here it was getting quite late and there were just hoards of people all walking around, even in the street. We had parked some distance away and I remember as we were walking past the White House a young man saying he needed to find a port-a-potty (those may not have been his exact words
wink ) He saw the trees and shrubs on the White House lawn, jumped the fence and....well all I can say is that there was a story in the Post the next day about a fellow who was arrested after the fireworks on the White House lawn,

Jul 13th 2014 new

United States Flag If I can remember correctly because we all had quite a few "adult beverages" There were a bunch of us over at my sister and brother-in-laws' for a pool and barbecue party. And since his pool was nearly the same depth around the perimeter...we played volleyball. I was with my wife. I think there may have been about 30 there

Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-846499 said: Peter wrote: "The police finally had to commandeer the busses and force them to transport people where they needed to go."

Oh, that's funny! I knew the busses weren't running because we all seemed to be walking en mass after the fireworks ended. But I didn't know the police finally put some back on line!

Here it was getting quite late and there were just hoards of people all walking around, even in the street. We had parked some distance away and I remember as we were walking past the White House a young man saying he needed to find a port-a-potty (those may not have been his exact words
) He saw the trees and shrubs on the White House lawn, jumped the fence and....well all I can say is that there was a story in the Post the next day about a fellow who was arrested after the fireworks on the White House lawn,

He was likely influenced by his friend, Al Cohol. scratchchin laughing
Jul 13th 2014 new
I was on vacation with my family visiting my mom's aunt in Savannah, GA. I was 13, but I still remember the day clearly!
Jul 14th 2014 new
I had just moved back to NJ from CO. I remember watching the fireworks with my young family in my hometown. I remember my small son being afraid of the fireworks. I found out this past 4th that his son (my grand son) does not share his fear and actually had a blast.
Jul 28th 2014 new

Hi Marge,

I was helping taking care of my niece. She was 2 months old at the time. Now she is grown and has 3 kids of her own. How time does fly!!

Robert

Aug 15th 2014 new
'working - in college.
Aug 15th 2014 new
My wife and I were watching a fireworks display in Tulsa.
Aug 16th 2014 new
I was at St. Anthony's having my appendix removed :-(.
Posts 31 - 40 of 49