Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: On CM? Well, I suppose one could take that one of three ways.

1. It was a copout for not being interested.

2. They knew you would not engage in extracurricular activities.

3. They really meant it as sign of their low self esteem.
let me understand and correct me if I'm wrong .... are you implying that this is acceptable behavior/act, wouldn't this be red flag, and an extreme concern on both sides of the aisle !!! is this why there is a lack of approach to communicate/captivate due to the lack of respect/dignity worthy as individual being !!! if this is case, then should I personally fear first the wrath/discipline from God, and that if I remain as mbr that I should be cautious to contact anyone or vice-versus, not really looking to date or meet a potential spouse eventually ..... hopefully, this is not fact, I'll definitely be in quicksand .... rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: let me understand and correct me if I'm wrong .... are you implying that this is acceptable behavior/act, wouldn't this be red flag, and an extreme concern on both sides of the aisle !!! is this why there is a lack of approach to communicate/captivate due to the lack of respect/dignity worthy as individual being !!! if this is case, then should I personally fear first the wrath/discipline from God, and that if I remain as mbr that I should be cautious to contact anyone or vice-versus, not really looking to date or meet a potential spouse eventually ..... hopefully, this is not fact, I'll definitely be in quicksand ....
Absolutely not.Genie I am sorry you inferred that.There was no moral statement made simply opinions from observations of the motive IRL, That I have personally seen when people made that statement.The comment was purely academic.
Jul 7th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: really tired of women on this this site wondering. The question: do you want to date yes or no!. I am 57 tired of the runaround, do the women on this site want to to date yes or or no. I will come to you. I will fly,drive or what over to tell a women what ever how to to meet her. Yes we had a bad realshiionship or two,get over it start over it, life is to short to dwwell on the past, move on find somebody new who will treat you with respect. I am your man........................ You want respect, you have it, you want 7/7, can't guarantee it sorry I am only human and will make mistakes.. I am really tired of men on this site who preach and quote the bible and have no consept on what they are talking about. I have a sister in the Domican order ( spelling may not be correct) who has kept me grounded. I do want to remarry, but want a women who is not so self-rigfhteous and believe that they have the only right answer to life. Sorry if I have offended you, get over over it. We are not perfect and will never be in this life time. So far of all the profiles I have read to date, you will be single forever. Nobody will be able to ever reach those goals that women have set up for themselves; of course i have not reads any male profiles.I believe that women on this site DO NOT WANT TO REMARRY but to only belittle the male counter part, and argue why things are they way there are.
CM needs to make major changes in their questionaire.

I hope to meet a good Catholic man to marry in the future and live my life with in a Godly relationship, don't know if i will ever meet that man or if i will meet him here on CM, but I never give up hope
Jul 7th 2014 new

If you're asking, I'm game.

(Hey, I was tempted to say, "Who wants to know?")

Jul 7th 2014 new

GREAT post!!! thumbsup Though I'm sorry you went through the emotional mill while writing it.

The thing is...everyone is single for a reason. And for a significant share of us, the reason is...ourselves. wide eyed

The rest of us are overlooked wonders, however. biggrin

Jul 7th 2014 new
You said what many of us have been thinking for a long time.
Jul 7th 2014 new
clapBravo Kevin! clap you have states what so many of us fail to say collectively!
There is nothing perfect in my profile because I am in it! I hope I can find someone who will go through this life with me as unperfect as I am. And try to get each other to Heaven. I don't count on it here anymore, I like to come back and stay for the friendships and communication and hope I can hear more success stories! Whatever is God's will for me. Praying heart rose theheart
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: On CM? Well, I suppose one could take that one of three ways.

1. It was a copout for not being interested.

2. They knew you would not engage in extracurricular activities.

3. They really meant it as sign of their low self esteem.
No actually this man is not on CM, he lives near me. He has made his way back to Our Faith (he is a revert) and often will ask me things about Catholicism. He has struggled for years with sins of the flesh and now needs to understand that Our Lord is calling him to rise above all of these.

I am happy to help him and pray for him and will continue to do so.

God bless

Jul 8th 2014 new
You would certainly scare me off Kevin. Your post came across as judgmental, desperate, critical and harsh. I would hope there is a warm hearted gentleman inside there somewhere. Desperation can really scare people away. Maybe if you were happy to make new friends and spread the cheer, your kindness and lack of desperation would draw the right one to you.

Anyway, I for one am a 7/7 but that doesn't mean I look down on anyone who is 5/7 or whatever. The fact that some people hold authentic beliefs that sex in a loving relationship isn't wrong, or that contraception for a strapped married couple is okay, means that they struggle with their understanding of the church's teachings because of their beliefs and sometimes their weaknesses.

If you actually believe that the church's teachings on these things is correct and you just don't want to follow them, well that is different, but it still means you are dealing with human weakness. As long as you honor a woman's desire for chastity, then you are still a gentleman. If you despise her for it, then you probably need to find another dating site where women are not interested in chastity or supporting your path to holiness.

Jul 8th 2014 new
Kevin,
I'm with you. You have insight. I admire your ability to tell it as it is. A man who has____ that is indeed rare.
Where are the men in my age category who have your traits????

Posts 11 - 20 of 52