Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: A few days back when I created this thread and ranted on it, my stress level was through the roof and i have had to make to serious decisions on my course of action. Most of the comments I still stand behind. As for the 7 of 7 and self righteous comment, we all have a conscience that we normally guide us through life if we allow it to. So I apoligize for my ranting. I am human and do occasionally blow up, it happens to all of us.
Have a blessed day.
Kevin,
I know the level of frustration you have expressed. Personally, flying off the handle in a rant isn't as bad as other things! You probably have experienced the same frustrations as most of yes. And we don't know what other things are on your plate as well.
Somehow it often seems harder to find someone at our age because we have learned to discern who really would be a good partner, and who wouldn't. We all probably are cautious because that annulment meant something, and we want to make better, healthier choices than we had in the past.
Pray for guidance, patience, and openness to whatever God wants for your future. I know that your sister would agree that our "Yes" to God is a daily prayer. I will pray with and for you to find Joy and Peace.

Jul 8th 2014 new
Food for thought, when mentioning 7 of 7, what make's a person think we are talking about sex. If the answer is yes then we are ALL GUILTY OF HAVING OUR MIND IN THE GUTTER! The last time i look, there were 7 questions; it could of holy orders or going to church etc,etc,etc. When one assumes anything, then nothing good comes about except anger and hurt feelings. Remember people we are HUMAN and we all have different opinions. Start using the gray matter between your ears for THINKING AND NOT ASSUMING and we would probably have a lot less problems in this world.
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-1085686 said: You and Suzanne both live in Michgan. Why don't you ask her out?

I just posted on another thread that I only ever receive silence/no response whenever I message a man in whom I may be interested. Perhaps you can explain why.

Also I was recently told by a man I just met I am "too good" to date him. Should I then lower my standards and embrace various sexual sins just to please him or others?

Good grief.

Joan, How about a little secret?? Shhh.....what Kevin doesn't know about me is that I love visiting the little town that he lives in. I sometimes drive up there by myself for a mini-vaca, walk the pier (brisk, 6-8 laps), have double grilled onions on my "Wimpy Burger," a milk-shake, go gift and card shopping at the "Lexington General Store," go to mass at St Dennis (the local Catholic Church in Lexington) and hit a few antique shops! On the way there I stop in Imlay City for a Burrito at Tios, a great family owned, real Mexican food restaurant.
Jul 8th 2014 new
A date??? What a novel idea? I would love a date :-). I would love to get married after some dates, lol. I think there is this underlying idea that you sign up, put up a profile and the internet gremlins or fairies make everything else happen and you wake up one morning married to your perfect mate. . . but it doesn't happen that way :-(. . .but dates are a good start :-)
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: A date??? What a novel idea? I would love a date :-). I would love to get married after some dates, lol. I think there is this underlying idea that you sign up, put up a profile and the internet gremlins or fairies make everything else happen and you wake up one morning married to your perfect mate. . . but it doesn't happen that way :-(. . .but dates are a good start :-)
Lauren ~ you always are so artistic in your posts! rose cool
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Joan, How about a little secret?? Shhh.....what Kevin doesn't know about me is that I love visiting the little town that he lives in. I sometimes drive up there by myself for a mini-vaca, walk the pier (brisk, 6-8 laps), have double grilled onions on my "Wimpy Burger," a milk-shake, go gift and card shopping at the "Lexington General Store," go to mass at St Dennis (the local Catholic Church in Lexington) and hit a few antique shops! On the way there I stop in Imlay City for a Burrito at Tios, a great family owned, real Mexican food restaurant.
Oh Kevin.... that's a silver platter if I ever saw one... hint, hint! smile
Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: Food for thought, when mentioning 7 of 7, what make's a person think we are talking about sex. If the answer is yes then we are ALL GUILTY OF HAVING OUR MIND IN THE GUTTER! The last time i look, there were 7 questions; it could of holy orders or going to church etc,etc,etc. When one assumes anything, then nothing good comes about except anger and hurt feelings. Remember people we are HUMAN and we all have different opinions. Start using the gray matter between your ears for THINKING AND NOT ASSUMING and we would probably have a lot less problems in this world.
Well good heavens, as long as you keep hurling insults you will drive away any prospective mates.

I am only guilty of telling you about a very recent personal experience.

I am sorry you are so dismissive of those who may actually be able to help you with advice, support, ideas, friendship, etc.

Best of luck






Jul 8th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: Food for thought, when mentioning 7 of 7, what make's a person think we are talking about sex. If the answer is yes then we are ALL GUILTY OF HAVING OUR MIND IN THE GUTTER! The last time i look, there were 7 questions; it could of holy orders or going to church etc,etc,etc. When one assumes anything, then nothing good comes about except anger and hurt feelings. Remember people we are HUMAN and we all have different opinions. Start using the gray matter between your ears for THINKING AND NOT ASSUMING and we would probably have a lot less problems in this world.
By the way, there is a poster on this thread who may want to meet you. Why don't you do something about it?
Jul 8th 2014 new
kevin,
Since I'm regarded as the matchmaker here, I have someone in mind for you. Emot me to find out who! (had to get this in this thread afterall, I don't want to lose my job). LOL

Jul 9th 2014 new
I think people especially women list a lot of things because they are afraid f being hurt again. I suppose at some level they believe that listing what caused break ups will in some way weed out those who would potentially harm them. At some point they would be willing to trust and start again but that takes time. Being friends and trying to understand where a person is coming from will, in my view get the women you are interested in open up after some time. But patience will be required.
Posts 21 - 30 of 52