Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Lucia-1102526 said: I think people especially women list a lot of things because they are afraid f being hurt again. I suppose at some level they believe that listing what caused break ups will in some way weed out those who would potentially harm them. At some point they would be willing to trust and start again but that takes time. Being friends and trying to understand where a person is coming from will, in my view get the women you are interested in open up after some time. But patience will be required.
very warm welcome to the fora Lucia wave smile
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Diane-1046210 said: Oh Kevin.... that's a silver platter if I ever saw one... hint, hint!
Or the stalker alarm is about to go off!!
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Joe-1086890 said: Or alarm is about to go off!!
there goes my date out the door/window crossfingers sad weeping ................
Jul 9th 2014 new
I think we all need to remember that no one is obligated to like us. No one is obligated to find us interesting or attractive. No one is obligated to respond to us. No one is obligated to give us a chance.

Just because a person we may reach out to is not interested in us in return, it doesn't mean they don't want to marry. It just means they're not interested in us, they might not find us interesting or attractive, they don't want to respond to us and they don't want to give us a chance.

I've had my fair share of the rejections also. It hurts, but I can't make anyone give me a chance. Maybe the reject-er is just not the one, or one of the ones.

In a perfect world, everyone would look beyond the picture and profile and give each other more of a chance? But we don't need to make assumptions about others or get mad at them if they're plain not interested. We all need to just get over it and move on to the next. Just my humble opinion.
Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: I think we all need to remember that no one is obligated to like us. No one is obligated to find us interesting or attractive. No one is obligated to respond to us. No one is obligated to give us a chance.

Just because a person we may reach out to is not interested in us in return, it doesn't mean they don't want to marry. It just means they're not interested in us, they might not find us interesting or attractive, they don't want to respond to us and they don't want to give us a chance.

I've had my fair share of the rejections also. It hurts, but I can't make anyone give me a chance. Maybe the reject-er is just not the one, or one of the ones.

In a perfect world, everyone would look beyond the picture and profile and give each other more of a chance? But we don't need to make assumptions about others or get mad at them if they're plain not interested. We all need to just get over it and move on to the next. Just my humble opinion.

Rejection is a part of everyone's life. There are many times I send a CM message to a gentleman and I get no response in return and no views of my profile. I think, what the heck? I am trying to be the best Catholic I can be, fun-loving, good communicator, passionate about life, educated, and I am cute; however, many gentlemen reject me.

I say to myself, "Are you serious? You aren't interested in me?" LOL I think, oh well they aren't obligated to do anything about my messages and I can not make anyone like me; they either like me or they don't. So what??? smile So, they don't like Bridget....so what? smile LOL So, I keep moving forward and onward and onto the next adventure. Woo-hoo! Carpe' diem! Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!

Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

Rejection is a part of everyone's life. There are many times I send a CM message to a gentleman and I get no response in return and no views of my profile. I think, what the heck? I am trying to be the best Catholic I can be, fun-loving, good communicator, passionate about life, educated, and I am cute; however, many gentlemen reject me.

I say to myself, "Are you serious? You aren't interested in me?" LOL I think, oh well they aren't obligated to do anything about my messages and I can not make anyone like me; they either like me or they don't. So what??? So, they don't like Bridget....so what? LOL So, I keep moving forward and onward and onto the next adventure. Woo-hoo! Carpe' diem! Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!

I get what you're saying Bridget. Rejection is a part of life.

By the same token, I also have chosen not to get to know men here on CM who have expressed interest in me for whatever reason. Believe me, there haven't been many weeping sorry embarassed boggled
Who is going to obligate me to be interested in someone?

Has anyone here responded favorably to each and every single person who has contacted them for romantic purposes? So what makes any of us any better than anyone else?

Jul 9th 2014 new
Dan, Great job with your write up!

Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

GREAT post!!! Though I'm sorry you went through the emotional mill while writing it.

The thing is...everyone is single for a reason. And for a significant share of us, the reason is...ourselves.

The rest of us are overlooked wonders, however.

laughing

I like that...the Overlooked Wonders! Way to go Marge! I wish you were closer, we could have a glass of wine and a lot of laughs. Maybe we should start a club....

Jul 9th 2014 new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

I say to myself, "Are you serious? You aren't interested in me?" LOL I think, oh well they aren't obligated to do anything about my messages and I can not make anyone like me; they either like me or they don't. So what??? So, they don't like Bridget....so what? LOL So, I keep moving forward and onward and onto the next adventure. Woo-hoo! Carpe' diem! Seize the day! Make your lives extraordinary!

tongue
Jul 9th 2014 new

Kevin - I can only speak for myself. Yes, I want a date. More importantly I would like to meet a decent, devout Catholic gentleman who would like a devout loving wife. I don't expect a man to be perfect since I am far from perfect myself. If he isn't 7/7 he would have to respect my choice and desire to live according to Church laws and avoid serious sin.

I have wondered the same thing about the men on this site. Do this want a date or relationship or marriage? Or are they looking for another notch on their belt. Some older men seem more intent on proving how active or successful they are. I'm just looking for an ordinary decent guy.

There are many women in your age range who would like to meet you if you would give them a chance. I hope you find what you are seeking.

Posts 31 - 40 of 52