Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 13th new
(quote) Gary-916309 said: Now Genie, may I ask why you have not ONE photo of yourself on your profile? Just being shy... haha lol
maybe bc your a tat late comer and miss it by a second crossfingers cool shhh scratchchin laughing laughing laughing ...........
Jul 13th new
Michele, I enjoy receiving a note from a woman first. In fact one of my first and most significant and Blessing experiences (which may yet be unfolding) began just that way. I don't have difficulty initiating, and have done so many times ... didn't I send you something? wink

Some folk think it's solely the men's duty to pursue, but there are a LOT of people on here, and it's not like this site is "database responsive", so it's entirely possible that a lady might stumble across me (or any of us guys) before I (we) see them... so if there's an interest, fire of a "Hello!"

P.S.: I like your hat too! wave ( HEY, SysOps! We need a Tipping of the Hat Emote!!! )

Jul 13th new
I am glad the OP decided to ask this question. I honestly had not thought to initiate conversations on CM. It's not that I'm too shy, it just simply did not cross my mind. But if I were to smile or say hello to someone in passing why not do it here? It makes sense. I have not had to think about making connections or the potential to go further into a relationship in over 22 years so it has been a little difficult to get my brain into the mindset of someone who is no longer married.
Jul 13th new
(quote) Jennifer-1110196 said: I am glad the OP decided to ask this question. I honestly had not thought to initiate conversations on CM. It's not that I'm too shy, it just simply did not cross my mind. But if I were to smile or say hello to someone in passing why not do it here? It makes sense. I have not had to think about making connections or the potential to go further into a relationship in over 22 years so it has been a little difficult to get my brain into the mindset of someone who is no longer married.
very warm welcome to the fora Jennifer wave smile glad you took the plunge joining the conversation ....
Jul 13th new
(quote) Jennifer-1110196 said: I am glad the OP decided to ask this question. I honestly had not thought to initiate conversations on CM. It's not that I'm too shy, it just simply did not cross my mind. But if I were to smile or say hello to someone in passing why not do it here? It makes sense. I have not had to think about making connections or the potential to go further into a relationship in over 22 years so it has been a little difficult to get my brain into the mindset of someone who is no longer married.

Hi Jennifer,

It may be a little hard for you being in a relationship for 22 years. My suggestion is do not look for a man to make you happy first. First spend time in adoration, pour any pain and suffering you have and really be healed by LOVE Himself, Jesus. I tell this to any woman I meet. I hope that advice helps and read the NT, even if it is only 2 minutes a day. Daily Mass will also lift you for sure....

God bless you on your new journey.....

Gary

Jul 13th new
I can be quite shy at times, so I welcome any initiation ...
Jul 13th new
(quote) Michele-980775 said:

Dear Men,

Do you prefer to initiate conversation on CM? How do you feel about a woman making the first move to initiate conversation?

(ladies, you're welcome to engage in the discussion, too :D )

Many blessings,

Michele

The first one to make contact obviously dared to -at least partially- overcome pride and/or shyness, so they kinda become a bit more vulnerable and powerful at the same time, I think.
Jul 13th new
Nothing wrong with the woman writing first.
Jul 13th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Nothing wrong with the woman writing first.
what pop in my head was Agatha Christie ..... awesome Paul !!!
Jul 13th new
I don't mind a woman making contact first. In this medium, us guys don't have non-verbal signs from the woman to go off of so letting us know your interest helps. Basically, if I get an emote, that is enough to start the pursuit if I am interested. Them viewing my profile multiple times over the course of a few weeks might also be enough. If I am not romantically interested I will most times politely communicate that and not just 'leave them hanging.'

Posts 21 - 30 of 76