Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) Eric-414998 said: I don't mind a woman making contact first. In this medium, us guys don't have non-verbal signs from the woman to go off of so letting us know your interest helps. Basically, if I get an emote, that is enough to start the pursuit if I am interested. Them viewing my profile multiple times over the course of a few weeks might also be enough. If I am not romantically interested I will most times politely communicate that and not just 'leave them hanging.'

Maybe it is the educator in me, but I like to respond to interview questions of guys that I might have an interest in! I especially like it when guys add their questions in addition to the computer generated ones.
This way the ball is now in the guys court to play ball or not!
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) John-682124 said: It doesn't bother me as to who initiated the conversation just as long as there's a steady communication going on. If not, "Houston, we got a problem".
It does not bother me who starts the conversation or the chatting! If we enjoy each other and get along that is a good start to a relationship! I do know women do prefer men to initiate the conversation in some cases! Very nice topic!:). wave Bow
Jul 13th 2014 new
(quote) John-682124 said: It doesn't bother me as to who initiated the conversation just as long as there's a steady communication going on. If not, "Houston, we got a problem".
It does not bother me who starts the conversation or the chatting! If we enjoy each other and get along that is a good start to a relationship! I do know women do prefer men to initiate the conversation in some cases! Very nice topic!:). wave Bow
Jul 13th 2014 new
Jul 14th 2014 new
Thank you Genie for the warm welcome and thank you Gary for the advice.
Jul 14th 2014 new
Well, this whole "thing" is new to me, so i don't mind at all if she initiates the conversation! This is my second time on CM, but I wasn't on very long the first time around.

I will say that the "challenge" of making the first move has helped to bolster my confidence a bit; I would encourage any guys, or ladies, for that matter to just go ahead and do it. After all, you have nothing to lose...

Pax.

Jul 14th 2014 new
(quote) Dean-1108378 said: Well, this whole "thing" is new to me, so i don't mind at all if she initiates the conversation! This is my second time on CM, but I wasn't on very long the first time around.

I will say that the "challenge" of making the first move has helped to bolster my confidence a bit; I would encourage any guys, or ladies, for that matter to just go ahead and do it. After all, you have nothing to lose...

Pax.

Dean, I agree with you. I think men and woman have a duty to initiate conversation. We have nothing to lose.

John, I agree with you about having a steady communication. Even if everyone is busy with work and the like, we are all here for a reason. You can make time if you think you connect with someone.

Jul 14th 2014 new
(quote) Thang-1077057 said: Dean, I agree with you. I think men and woman have a duty to initiate conversation. We have nothing to lose.

John, I agree with you about having a steady communication. Even if everyone is busy with work and the like, we are all here for a reason. You can make time if you think you connect with someone.

very nice profile pic thang ...........
Jul 14th 2014 new
I don't make the first move. I guess it is a throw back to the education I got about nice girls at my Catholic high school.

Laugh
Jul 14th 2014 new

Dear Men,

Do you prefer to initiate conversation on CM? How do you feel about a woman making the first move to initiate conversation?

Michele, I am absolutely open to a woman making the first move, and I think from the comments here most other guys are too. Enough beautiful relationships are lost due to hesitation, we don't need any more. Please, reach out to those with whom you think yourself compatible, and the rest is in the hands of God.

Posts 31 - 40 of 76