Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jul 16th new
(quote) Amber-1078229 said: I refuse to date anyone younger than me. It's just not something I'm interested in doing. For older, I actually like using the dating age formula. I prefer to stick to 25-31, though I'd consider someone a couple years older if they seemed right for me.

If you don't know what I mean, here's an example of it: (it just gives you an estimate of where your youngest/oldest line should be)

Female dating age formula:

(your age) - 7 x 2 = (max. dating age)

example:

24-7= 17

17x2= 34

Male dating age formula:

(your age) / 2 + 7 = (min. dating age)

example:

34/2= 17

17+7= 24


This starts to bite when you get older.
Jul 16th new
It was just a suggestion smile
Someone mentioned it to me on CM when I first joined and I thought it was interesting and worked well. But you're right, I never tried doing it with an older age range so I didn't realize it went so high.
Jul 16th new
(quote) Amber-1078229 said: I refuse to date anyone younger than me. It's just not something I'm interested in doing. For older, I actually like using the dating age formula. I prefer to stick to 25-31, though I'd consider someone a couple years older if they seemed right for me.

If you don't know what I mean, here's an example of it: (it just gives you an estimate of where your youngest/oldest line should be)

Female dating age formula:

(your age) - 7 x 2 = (max. dating age)

example:

24-7= 17

17x2= 34

Male dating age formula:

(your age) / 2 + 7 = (min. dating age)

example:

34/2= 17

17+7= 24


Your formula, if I read it right, could pair a 60 year old man with a 37 year old woman. This must be a very popular formula with guys.
Jul 16th new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: My search range goes down to 50 because I'm trying to be flexible.
Bring it down to 40 and you'll really have to be flexible laughing
Jul 16th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Your formula, if I read it right, could pair a 60 year old man with a 37 year old woman. This must be a very popular formula with guys.
I have heard of this formula used, but only with those under 30. I can only imagine it was developed by a 60 year old male engineer though.
Jul 16th new
According to the formula my max age range would be 106. Something tells me I don't even have to do a search for potential matches. scratchchin laughing laughing
Jul 16th new
Having thoroughly discredited that dating formula thing we can now return to the original question. Second thought, I'd rather reframe that question. How old is too old for you and How young is too young for you?
For me, I'll know he's too young for me if I spend a romantic dinner cutting up his food for him. And I'll know he's too old for me if I spend a romantic dinner needing to cut up his food for him.

Jul 16th new
(quote) Linda-624584 said: According to the formula my max age range would be 106. Something tells me I don't even have to do a search for potential matches.
There needs to be a wealth-age relationship here somehow, so that you end up with something like "up to 65 if he earns x, 75 if he earns 5x, and 106 if he earns 20x". This will encourage industry and application among aging males, much better than having them grow idle and sclerotic on the shuffleboard courts.
Jul 16th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: There needs to be a wealth-age relationship here somehow, so that you end up with something like "up to 65 if he earns x, 75 if he earns 5x, and 106 if he earns 20x". This will encourage industry and application among aging males, much better than having them grow idle and sclerotic on the shuffleboard courts.
Paul is 50x banned for excessive stir the pot! Its getting cold! stir the pot! Its getting cold!
Jul 16th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: There needs to be a wealth-age relationship here somehow, so that you end up with something like "up to 65 if he earns x, 75 if he earns 5x, and 106 if he earns 20x". This will encourage industry and application among aging males, much better than having them grow idle and sclerotic on the shuffleboard courts.
Who knew this stuff was so complicated? One thing you forgot, Paul......he should be standing next to the proverbial banana peel. wink shhh laughing
Posts 11 - 20 of 106