Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: No, Meg, assuming you are only talking about an occasional :hissyfit. it means nothing.
My dry humor again... mischievous Guess I will have to stop, at least on the fora.
Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: My dry humor again... Guess I will have to stop, at least on the fora.
I caught the dryness, Meg, and thought I was responding in kind. Maybe I need to work on my social-emotional intelligence as it applies to the written word.
Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I caught the dryness, Meg, and thought I was responding in kind. Maybe I need to work on my social-emotional intelligence as it applies to the written word.
No actually, I am not often around others who possess or understand that humor. scratchchin
Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: No actually, I am not often around others who possess or understand that humor.
I think the problem is more about the limitations of the written word. It doesn't show tone, inflection, or any other non-verbals.
Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I think the problem is more about the limitations of the written word. It doesn't show tone, inflection, or any other non-verbals.
Carol, you hit the nail on the head. That is why one must be an accomplished wordsmith and carefully parse the words to even attempt to convey emotion. That is a daunting task in many cases.That also illustrates the limitations of LDR where there is not at least phone communication and or visual interaction such as Skype.
Aug 1st 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Carol, you hit the nail on the head. That is why one must be an accomplished wordsmith and carefully parse the words to even attempt to convey emotion. That is a daunting task in many cases.That also illustrates the limitations of LDR where there is not at least phone communication and or visual interaction such as Skype.
Phone conversation is much more dynamic. Extended emailing is fraught with failure unless one is looking for a cyber friend or pen pal. I just recently set up Skype. Non verbal communication is much more important than the written word.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
Like Carol and Charles, I scored between 100-110. An impressive balance of an analytical and emotional mind.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
mine was 130-140
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I took the test for fun. The results: Your emotional intelligence is between 100-110. You have an impressive balance of analytical and emotional mind. Explanation of scale not bad to hear.

Mine was just the same as yours, Carol. But I am not sure that the test actually measures EQ rather than just general emotional maturity and (relative) freedom from neurosis. I had thought EQ referred to perceptiveness in emotional/relational matters, hence the parallel with "IQ" -- ?
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: Like Carol and Charles, I scored between 100-110. An impressive balance of an analytical and emotional mind.
Likewise.
Posts 21 - 30 of 46