Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Mine was just the same as yours, Carol. But I am not sure that the test actually measures EQ rather than just general emotional maturity and (relative) freedom from neurosis. I had thought EQ referred to perceptiveness in emotional/relational matters, hence the parallel with "IQ" -- ?
Mine was 150+. laughing Hmmm. Maybe it has to do with the day we test, good, bad, tired, keyed up...who knows?
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I think the problem is more about the limitations of the written word. It doesn't show tone, inflection, or any other non-verbals.
I do have to watch it though because in real life, many can't tell when I am serious and when I am not. They have told me that. There are some though that we click right away in this regard and have a blast. I need to make sure I use it appropriately I think.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Mine was just the same as yours, Carol. But I am not sure that the test actually measures EQ rather than just general emotional maturity and (relative) freedom from neurosis. I had thought EQ referred to perceptiveness in emotional/relational matters, hence the parallel with "IQ" -- ?
I know very little about psychometrics, Paul, but my understanding is that emotional intelligence tests include questions measuring four areas: perceiving emotions, using emotions to facilitate thought, understanding emotions, and managing emotions in a healthy way. It would be a social intelligence test that measure self in relationship to others. This "test" is primarily useful for fun conversation.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I do have to watch it though because in real life, many can't tell when I am serious and when I am not. They have told me that. There are some though that we click right away in this regard and have a blast. I need to make sure I use it appropriately I think.
I know what you mean, Meg. wave
Aug 2nd 2014 new
I took the test twice, just for kicks, changing some of the borderline answers, & got 80-90 both times: sharp, analytical mind but doesn't care much for social life. This is more or less true--don't care much for Facebook, Twitter, etc.--but curious. You pick interesting quizzes, Charles.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: thanks Tom mick will really rock and roll after he sees my of 80-90

Your emotional intelligence score is between 80 and 90. You're remarkably analytical and sharp but don't seem to care much about social life.

Genie, we share the same score. I guess it's Mr. Jagger for us, huh? :-) At least I'm in good company with you!
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Me, too, but I'm not clear on exactly what is being measured.
Marge, "me, too" what? Are you grumpy? I don't see your score anywhere :-) I guess I need a laptop because I can't find those smiley faces & other cute symbols on my smartphone :-( Too bad; they really help to express certain ideas. I don't think this 10 question quiz is much more than a conversation starter: I took it 3 times, just for kicks, got 80-90 the first 2, 130-140 the 3rd, & all of the answers could be true. Hmmm.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
"Me, too" = 100-110. Average?
Wish I could help re: emoticons, I have no clue how it's done on anything but Windows 8.
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: "Me, too" = 100-110. Average?
Wish I could help re: emoticons, I have no clue how it's done on anything but Windows 8.
So Charles, can you find us a quiz on Emoticon Q?
Aug 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: "Me, too" = 100-110. Average?
Marge, I doubt you're just "average" in anything :-) As for the emoticons, guess I'll have to stick with the ones I can make on my phone :-(
Posts 31 - 40 of 46