Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Aug 7th 2014 new
Another helpful and informative post from David 364112 from an earlier Novena thread:
rose theheart rosary

This novena has increased my devotion to the Rosary. One of the reasons I got involved in setting up these Rosary Novena threads on CM (several good people began promoting this devotion on CM before I got involved in 2011), is to participate in promoting devotion to the Rosary. All who participate and contribute are spreading devotion to the Rosary.

As for intentions, most of mine are spiritual in nature. Praying for virtues, for a holy life and holy death, help with defects of character and habitual sins, also spiritual benefits for others (I try to be open here "bless and help so and so" because I cannot and should not prescribe what they need - God knows best), etc. I have asked for temporal intentions as well. The first time I prayed the novena was during lent in 2011. I'd been unemployed almost 2 years. I prayed for a job and started one the Monday after the Novena concluded on Divine Mercy Sunday. Recently, I started asking a confessor or spiritual director to suggest an intention which has nothing to do with me. That's been helpful. One of my intentions is always everyone who's praying the novena with us and for all their intentions. I also add all of the prayer intentions posted on CM.

Praying rose rosary theheart

Aug 7th 2014 new
Count me in Amy!

Aug 7th 2014 new
rose theheart rosary

A good resource for the format of praying the Rosary Novena:

Rosary Novenas to Our Lady: including the mysteries of light (It is a little blue booklet.)

or pray with people (listen to and pray with) on http://www.comepraytherosary.org

Aug 7th 2014 new
I am just a splinter of light compared to David's wit and wisdom. laughing Here is another fine quote from him:

"In dangers, in doubts, in difficulties, think of Mary, call upon Mary. Let not her name depart from your lips, never suffer it to leave your heart. And that you may obtain the assistance of her prayer, neglect not to walk in her footsteps. With her for guide, you shall never go astray; while invoking her, you shall never lose heart; so long as she is in your mind, you are safe from deception; while she holds your hand, you cannot fall; under her protection you have nothing to fear; if she walks before you, you shall not grow weary; if she shows you favor, you shall reach the goal."

- Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Praying the rosary is one powerful way to walk with Mary, to see Jesus's life through her eyes, and to love Jesus all the more.
Aug 7th 2014 new
Praying rose theheart rosary

Please ask your family and friends if they would like to participate. Let me know and I will add their names to the list of participants so we can all pray for each other! You may join at any time, including after the novena has begun.

15 Participants . . .so far . . .

Rosary Novena Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Aug 15th) to October 7th

Allen - 311949 - Wendell, NC

Amy - 56598 - West Hartford, CT
Isabella, West Hartford, CT

David - 364112 - Cleveland, OH

Ed - 886324 - Canonsburg, PA

Genie - 920495 - South Weymouth, MA

Helen - 353634 - Cork, IRL

Jean - 504066 - Salt Lake City, UT

Karen - 348528 - Meadow Lake, SK, CAN

Linda - 442926 - New Glasgow, NS, CAN

Monique - 1063103 - Hillsborough, NJ

Nicole - 1018166 - Hubertus, WI

Sherrill-Anne - 13557 - Port-of-Spain, TTO

Theresa - 841642 - Debary, FL

VIrginia - 182942 - Walworth, NY

Aug 7th 2014 new

Please ask your family and friends if they would like to participate. Let me know and I will add their names to the list of participants so we can all pray for each other! You may join at any time, including after the novena has begun.

16 Participants . . .so far . . .

Linda - 442926 - New Glasgow, NS, CAN

Liza - 876466 - Edinburg, TX

Monique - 1063103 - Hillsborough, NJ

Nicole - 1018166 - Hubertus, WI

Sherrill-Anne - 13557 - Port-of-Spain, TTO

Theresa - 841642 - Debary, FL

VIrginia - 182942 - Walworth, NY

Aug 8th 2014 new
I'd like to join the Rosary Novena! Thank you, Amy for the invite and for organizing this! rose rose rose rosary
Aug 8th 2014 new
theheart rosary rose
My Mom (Patricia) and I are ready for this awesome time of Prayer!!!!
Blessings to you all Praying
Aug 8th 2014 new
Please count me in, and thanks for the invitation Amy rose
Aug 8th 2014 new
Praying rosary theheart

20 Participants . . .so far . . .

Anne - 923012 - Brockton, MA