Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Aug 6th new
Divorce rate is in the 20-25%. The 50% rate comes from projection and is incorrect.
www.cbn.com

Aug 6th new
Rant or do something constructive. Looks like you've made your choice. Now I'll go back to mine
Aug 6th new
Exact same article was referenced about 6 weeks ago on June 20th:
www.catholicmatch.com

Re-reading my comment in that thread, I would say that I still stand by what I wrote in regards to the article.
Aug 6th new
man is a man ...... woman is a woman ........ what one want is not what the other want ...... what one needs is not what the other needs ...... yet, when they meet, somehow they click and fill that which was not expected ... it is that they complete each other without even knowing it, bc it is deeply buried and just slowly unraveled like knot, but more as holding in the palm the beauty of a white feather, gentle and light .. rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose
Aug 6th new
(quote) Stewart-1118660 said: The problem takes its root in the fact that the vast majority of women out their don't want to commit. Let's be honest, so many women have choices now, that they hardly stick with just one. The media likes to promote the image of the runaway guy, but the fact of the matter is, its mostly women who are running away. 75% of the divorces in the nation are initiated by women for one reason or another. The number of women committing adultery is equal to that of men. The problem isn't a lack of commitment from men. Its the fact that men know as soon as they commit, women lose interest because they start to feel "the grass might be greener on the other side." The great truth is that men mature much faster than women when it comes to leadership and decision making. Men know what they want and are very observant of the the female culture. Women do have a support network, but men do as well. We talk about female behavior and results all the time. It is just not in a format that females recognize or acknowledge, consequently it is not captured or promoted in the media. The problem is the fact that most physically attractive females don't want to commit or commitment from a guy because it is instantly perceived as needy. The rest of the females lack the discipline and motivation to acquire a "better" physical appearance. Sadly, most of these women tend to hide behind the bible and religious beliefs rather than pursuing a healthy lifestyle. They fail to understand that men have physical needs and desires, and aren't just looking for "emotional" support. Also, your appearance is a reflection/shadow of who you are. If a guy shows up wearing a wrinkled shirt and dirty slacks, you think him lazy. If a woman shows up without her hair done and overweight, she lacks discipline and motivation. Men are left with two choices, pray that women will start to appreciate "the nice guy" or hope that the other women will change. In the meantime, why commit if it scares off the attractive ones.
Of all the sexist remarks I've heard since I've been here on CM, yours are the most sexist and offensive. If you think so low of women, what are you doing here? You might want to consider the priesthood or just remaining single and celebate.

Please reference all these ''facts'' you spewed out. I hope your youth is the expanation of all your really insulting words.

Please look into your heart, pray and seek much needed changes or you'll be doomed to be alone. Women will run away from you far and fast if you treat them this way. I will pray you come to your senses and I wish you the best.
Aug 6th new
Your use of the term "men" throughout your post is offensive in that it includes me in the generalizations, and the majority of what is stated of "men" is so far from the truth it makes me wonder what the Naval Academy is teaching these days. Thankfully I know of enough middies to know that what you state here is not indicative of Naval Academy graduates as a whole.

While I do not doubt taht certain individuals have very negative experiences with the women they have met in their life, I would suggest being careful about using a single person's life experiences with as applying top women in general as seems to have been done in your post. A better wording may be "In my experience, women..." in my opinion.
Aug 6th new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: Gosh Stewart!!!! I thought you wanted a girlfriend. Maybe you do and maybe you don't
ROTFL!!!! boggled boggled Bow Wolf Whistle raspberry rolling eyes

That could be said for sooo many others on this site!

Blimmin hilarious.
Aug 6th new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: Perhaps you should try dating a plant.
Yes, he did say something about the grass being greener on the other side.

Boy, who needs telly when you can come on here for a laugh????!!!!
Aug 6th new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: Of all the sexist remarks I've heard since I've been here on CM, yours are the most sexist and offensive. If you think so low of women, what are you doing here? You might want to consider the priesthood or just remaining single and celebate.

If there is one thing the Church does not need is someone whose opinions mirror those of the person who got your dander of.

A priest of his mind set would be more damaging to the Church and its people then just about any thing else one could think of.

I don't think he will have to even consider remaining single as you advise. The choice will be forced on him by all the women who will rightly turn a blind eye to him and what little he has to offer.
Aug 6th new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: If there is one thing the Church does not need is someone whose opinions mirror those of the person who got your dander of.

A priest of his mind set would be more damaging to the Church and its people then just about any thing else one could think of.

I don't think he will have to even consider remaining single as you advise. The choice will be forced on him by all the women who will rightly turn a blind eye to him and what little he has to offer.
What Paul said
Posts 21 - 30 of 73