Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Aug 6th new
(quote) Kathleen-878558 said: "When did men become so afraid to make a commitment, to take the lead, to say what they want, to make long term plans, to set goals, to pursue, to talk about the future?"

I would guess, when women started jumping down their throats for the merest thing.
Aug 6th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I would guess, when women started jumping down their throats for the merest thing.
:bing: :bing: :bing: :bing: Give that Marge a cigar!
I always -always- thank a gentleman for holding a door. Too many women forget that it's ladies who make or break the "gentle" in men.
Aug 6th new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: If there is one thing the Church does not need is someone whose opinions mirror those of the person who got your dander of.

A priest of his mind set would be more damaging to the Church and its people then just about any thing else one could think of.

I don't think he will have to even consider remaining single as you advise. The choice will be forced on him by all the women who will rightly turn a blind eye to him and what little he has to offer.
I believe you are correct and it is all unfortunate.
Aug 6th new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: If there is one thing the Church does not need is someone whose opinions mirror those of the person who got your dander of.

A priest of his mind set would be more damaging to the Church and its people then just about any thing else one could think of.

I don't think he will have to even consider remaining single as you advise. The choice will be forced on him by all the women who will rightly turn a blind eye to him and what little he has to offer.
Plus as a priest he'd have to talk to women all day long...
Aug 6th new
(quote) Susie-550311 said: Hopefully mister moderator won't censor me for this but there's a youtube video called the economy of sex that, I think, addresses this issue. Its rated PG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1ifNaNABY

This is interesting-- though I suspect long term there are some adverse effects for men as well (though the bad effects for women are quite evident).
You might like this author's lectures on the same subject:

www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com

Aug 6th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I would guess, when women started jumping down their throats for the merest thing.

That's what someone else alluded to.

I'll bet the two go hand in hand.

Aug 6th new
Marge, kindly explain what you mean.

This isn't another one of those ludicrous stereotypes, is it?
Aug 6th new
When women's lib became popular, some men, me included, became reluctant to do things like opening doors, because somebody might consider it sexist, or give me a hard time about it.

I am working to break that mindset, but I picked it up fairly early in life, so it is somewhat ingrained.

Richard

Aug 6th new
(quote) Richard-831657 said: When women's lib became popular, some men, me included, became reluctant to do things like opening doors, because somebody might consider it sexist, or give me a hard time about it.

I am working to break that mindset, but I picked it up fairly early in life, so it is somewhat ingrained.

Richard

Take a blow torch to it, Richard, and cut it out.
You can safely open doors for the majority of American females now. And if you like, I can write you an excuse for any militants you encounter.
"Please excuse Richard for thinking you were a lady. He won't make that mistake again."
Aug 6th new
(quote) Richard-831657 said: When women's lib became popular, some men, me included, became reluctant to do things like opening doors, because somebody might consider it sexist, or give me a hard time about it.

Richard

You could come to Utah for vacation. The women here expect guys to open doors. In fact, occasionally the lazy or germaphobic among us try to time it so that a guy will open the door for us. Not that I would ever do something like that. laughing
Posts 31 - 40 of 73