Profile looking a bit…stale? Do yourself a favor and give it a New Year’s update!
This doesn’t take much time but can go a long way in attracting new eyeballs or persuading members to send an email or emotigram. Here are 11 simple ways to refresh your profile.
- Change your profile picture. Pick something clear and recent.
- Write a new opening line for your introductory text.
- Add lots of pictures to your scrapbook. (It’s a scrapbook, after all – fill it up!)
- Review your “seeking” section. Make sure it’s not a checklist, but a summary of guiding principles.
- Take the temperament test so members can learn more in-depth information about you.
- Add an item to the “Favorites” multiple choice section. (Is your newest hobby listed under favorite activities?)
- Delete an item from your “Favorites” multiple choice section. (When’s the last time you knit? Or played guitar?)
- Review your “Favorites” short answer and change two answers. (Are you still a Brett Favre fan? Is your latest trip listed under places you’ve traveled?)
- Review your faith preferences. Have you taken up any new devotions or prayers?
- Create a personal interview so interested members can weigh in on the subjects that matter most to you.
- Reconsider your stance on long-distance relationships. Are you sure you wouldn’t give it a try for a special someone?